Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ruislip Manor

Originally Posted By: Krooner
Sorry if I have missed this somewhere but why do all your reserve home games take place in midweek ?

? groundshare with Hounslow?

I think Horace could be right and that could well be the case. Mind you rumour is that HBFC are already playing elsewhere though I don't know that for certain.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
'Hounslow will end their groundshare at Ruislip Manor in May - and tell their landlords they don't feel they have been getting value for their £12,500 a season rent. The decision came after Borough had a fifth game called off because the pitch was unfit. Manager Dennis Bainborough said 'our game with Chipping Norton was postponed due to the Ruislip pitch being waterlogged. There is no question that the pitch was unplayable but it would have been in a lot better condition if it had been maintained regularly. We have a contract until the end of the season but won't be taking up our option to stay. The improvements to our own ground at Isleworth should be ready by then, if they are not we will share with somebody else. The Hellenic League are not happy about the number of games that have been called off and we now face a backlog'.

There was an article in the Non League paper a few weeks ago about the Hounslow Borough groundshare at Grosvenor Vale, apparently they have already terminated the agreement as they were incandescent, to put it mildly, at the way they were treated having laid out £12,500 in good faith at the start of the season.

Boring rhodes, poor attempt at muck spreading I'm disappointed at you. Dredging up one of your old failed attempts to annoy people again. So just to finish off I'll repeat my response to your last attempt to use this 'story' to deflect attention from your own sorry plight.....

"Don't believe everything you read. Especially if Dennis Bainborough is involved.

If Dennis were Pinocchio his nose would wrapped twice around the globe by now.

Unfortunately the details of the groundshare agreement are an issue between the two relevant committees. So I doubt you'll get any other comment from the RMFC contingent on here.

As I'm sure you would agree it would be inappropriate to comment on a groundshare situation when not in possesion of the full facts."

I'm not so sure that Kentish Town will be able to offer us much in the way of money, however it is tempting for all the extra coverage we would get in the world press and of course it would be great to get more coverage in the Islington Gazzette than Arsenal do.

Originally Posted By: AWK
Am I the only one thinking that Rusilip Manor could have a groundshare available next season, while Kentish Town may need a new groundshare next season then.....nah forget it whistle

I want to see a Kentish Town / Haringey groundshare!

Originally Posted By: Spidermanor
Boring rhodes, poor attempt at muck spreading I'm disappointed at you. Dredging up one of your old failed attempts to annoy people again. So just to finish off I'll repeat my response to your last attempt to use this 'story' to deflect attention from your own sorry plight..
Spidermanor - Not at all, the question about Hounslow Borough was raised by Horace I believe so I simply stepped in to let him know the position as you were being somewhat secretive, JayJay has now helpfully confirmed that the groundshare at Grosvenor Vale is indeed dead in the water and it will be interesting to see whether Hounslow demand a percentage of their £12,500 back, something they are surely well within their rights to do.

and it will be interesting to see whether Hounslow demand a percentage of their £12,500 back, something they are surely well within their rights to do.

Begs the questions - was this an accurate figure (if it was Ware will be hopping mad!), and had they in fact paid it all up front?

I think in one of the Ruislips guys earlier posts it was suggested that the money hadn't all been paid up front

Horace - Yes I believe Hounslow naively paid the full £12,500 which is why they were so hopping mad at the treatment they received at Grosvenor Vale, I'm sure it would have been a very different story if they had a half up front and the balance at the end of the season type agreement as Ruislip Manor would have then been forced to bend over backwards for them.

Horace - Yes I believe Hounslow naively paid the full £12,500 which is why they were so hopping mad at the treatment they received at Grosvenor Vale, I'm sure it would have been a very different story if they had a half up front and the balance at the end of the season type agreement as Ruislip Manor would have then been forced to bend over backwards for them.

Yawn, yawn, yawn. Where/when are you playing at home next rhodes?

Gregg paid the full amount up front to Potters Bar. Is he naieve, Rhodes?