Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Predictions

Well, now we're all on our way to Japan, we can focus on tomorrow, this is how I think it will be...<P>Bedford Town - Chesham United 0-2<BR>Billericay Town - Enfield 1-0 <BR>Braintree Town - Basingstoke Town 2-2 <BR>Grays Athletic - Gravesend & Northfleet 1-3 <BR>Hampton & Richmond - Purfleet 2-0 <BR>Harrow Borough - Canvey Island 1-3<BR>Hendon - Heybridge Swifts 2-1<BR>Maidenhead United - Croydon 2-0<BR>Sutton United - Aldershot Town 1-1<P>Steve 'Wax on, Wax off' P

Why is it shots are always about to be hammered in carjams predictions ? Is it fear of our challenge ??<P>Here's mine:<P>Bedford Town 0 Chesham 2<BR>Billericay 2 Enfield 0 <BR>Braintree Town 2 Basingstoke 1<BR>Grays 1 Gravesend 3<BR>Hampton 1 Purfleet 3<BR>Harrow 1 Canvey 3<BR>Hendon 0 Heybridge 3<BR>Maidenhead 1 Croydon 0<BR>Sutton 1 Aldershot 2

Well I reckon...<P>Bedford Town 0 Chesham 1<BR>Billericay 2 Enfield 1 <BR>Braintree Town 1 Basingstoke 2<BR>Grays 2 Gravesend 3<BR>Hampton 1 Purfleet 1<BR>Harrow 5 Canvey 3<BR>Hendon 0 Heybridge 1<BR>Maidenhead 0 Croydon 0<BR>Sutton 1 Aldershot 1

Bedford Town 0 Chesham 2<BR>Billericay 2 Enfield 1 <BR>Braintree Town 1 Basingstoke 0<BR>Grays 1 Zombie land united 1 <BR>Hampton 1 Purfleet 2<BR>Harrow 1 Canvey 3<BR>Hendon 2 Heybridge 2<BR>Maidenhead 2 Croydon 1<BR>Sutton 0 Aldershot 3<BR> grin.gif" border="0 grin.gif" border="0<p>[ 08 October 2001: This message was edited by: canfan ]

Oh Canfan, you really must improve. OK I admit my Southend United was a bit of a joke, but you see its deliberately done to add a bit of spice. And it makes a little bit of sense too, even you must realize that. As for your reply, surely you must be able to think of something better than that. Something funny, something meaningful. If that’s the best that you can do (without insult) then I feel so sorry for you. I am clearly dealing with a child here. Why don’t you go and ask your dad if he can think of something. Look forward to your reply in the morning before you go to school.<P>Carjam

My usual total way off beam predictions are:<P>Bedford Town 0 Chesham 2<BR>Billericay 3 Enfield 1 <BR>Braintree Town 3 Basingstoke 1<BR>Grays 2 Gravesend 2<BR>Hampton 1 Purfleet 2<BR>Harrow 2 Canvey 3<BR>Hendon 0 Heybridge 2<BR>Maidenhead 1 Croydon 0<BR>Sutton 2 Aldershot 3<P>and before you say it Bald Eagle my Bedford prediction is an honest unbias assumption of the outcome - yeh right! tongue.gif" border="0

Looks like you've underestimated this time Irony. I think you'd be closer to the truth by sticking to your good old 10-0 suggestion.<P>And yes I am feeling a bit depressed.<P>Nice to see all the leagues have merged into one on this board though - at least I can't be relegated.

He couldent be that young as Canvey have only been around for three or four years. Not so long ago a big crowd was 60. Did any of you go before the club came into its millions. The truth now chaps.<P>Remember Sittingbourne......Colne Dynamoes...St Leonards....Hastings....I said before they all went the same way. When the league success dosent come so probably will Canvey. Sorry but you must face facts.<P>Carjam

Cant resist having a go then. Now lets see.....<BR>Bedford Town - Chesham United 1-1<BR>Billericay Town - Enfield 1-1<BR>Braintree Town - Basingstoke Town 1-1 <BR>Grays Athletic - Gravesend & Northfleet 0-5 <BR>Hampton & Richmond - Purfleet 5-0 <BR>Harrow Borough - Southend United 1-1<BR>Hendon - Heybridge Swifts 1-1<BR>Maidenhead United - Croydon 1-1<BR>Sutton United - Aldershot Town 4-0

You'll stir a hornets nest with those remarks carjam, in around about way i said a similar thing not so long ago myself. Not unlike G&N. Braintree (formerly Crittall Athletic)were playing senior football, in front of 1000+ crowds before Canvey Island was drained. Then i heard Billericay supporters (sort of 20 year olds), suggesting that Braintree were newcomers out of their depth. Sure the club nearly dissappeared in the 1970 to early 80's era. But we've rebuilt, stronger than ever and our progress has been steady but unspectacular and on a budget (please don't ask figures coz i don't know them). Billericay on the other hand were a junior side playing on a Basildon council pitch as recently as the 1970s. <BR>go to <A HREF="http://www.braintreetownfc.co.uk/" TARGET=_blank>http://www.braintreetownfc.co.uk/</A> <P>and select history.<P>Good luck all tonight. Go Iron

Hey Bald Eagle don't get depressed!! I was going to put a score of at least 0-5 but now that would be like handing you the knife to slit your wrists!!!<P>Look on the bright side - when we are happy and contented with our 5/6th place finish you'll be enjoying a dog fight to the end!! That wonderful knotted feeling in the stomach as the Saturdays to survival disappear and relegation looms and then just when you think its all over out of the jaws of relegation.........!!<P>Keep taking the tablets! grin.gif" border="0

Hey Canv, the nut on your calculator must be faulty. A club founded in 1926 would have its Golden Jubilee 50 years later, i.e. 1976. Similarly, a club founded in 1946 would have its Silver Jubilee in 1971.<P>I don't know what you call jubilees for 55 years and 75 years, but some smartarse out there will supply the answer, I'm sure.<P>Merv<P>BTW Only a real underhanded cheat would now go back and edit his original posting to delete the reference to Canvey celebrating their Golden Jubilee and G&N celebrating their Silver Jubilee. That way the unscrupulous contributor could post a later message pretending that he didn't know what Merv was talking about.<P>You wouldn't do a thing like that, would you Canv?<p>[ 09 October 2001: This message was edited by: Merv CIFC ]