Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Predictions

Iron knob, before you go around preaching how great Braintree was and compared against where Billericay was in the 1970's then read a F**king book about the local non league scene in will ya!!!<P>In 1973 we were one of the teams to form what was the Essex Senior League. We rose to the Athenian League which we won twice. Crowds were easily around the 1,000. <BR>We went straight through the Ithmian league 2 (we won that one),1 (runners up) to premier (In consecutive seasons. Not the best way of doing it I'd admit as success sort of caught up with us).<P>AND to top it all, we won the FA Vase three times IN THE '70's. At Wemberly.<P>No I don't recall ever seeing Braintree's name in lights that often. Now, or later.<P>I am not one to preach about Billericays past acheivments but when a supporter of a team which appears to undercheived (remember those seasons you promised to get promotion to this league but just missed it and you only got the runners up place last season. Always the Bridesmaid, never the bride> ), it gets my blood boiling.<P>Now if you want to support a team with a successful pedigree, then make yourself welcome down at New Lodge and support Billericay. But if you wish to continue to dream of all those times "Roy Of The Rovers" played for Braintree and won your team glory, in you sleep, then stay where you are!!!<P>Now go away and cultivate something with more apparant intelligence than yourself. Like a carrot or something.

I see once again carjam has come and turned a simple prediction league in to an attack on Canvey's legitimacy and probably created an 80 message long thread in the process!!! <P>Now really for your sake Carjam, if Gravesend don't win the league you will be in for untold banter, you will suffer.<P>And to be honest, I can't wait for any team to take over top spot just to enjoy it when a fan comes up with 'Oi Carjam, your team just took a helluva beating' (in a deep Norwegian accent). Much like our 4-1 victory over GNFC at their place, which I try not to gloat about smile.gif" border="0 smile.gif" border="0 smile.gif" border="0

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR> Much like our 4-1 victory over GNFC at their place, which I try not to gloat about <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Well it would have been a lot closer if one of our players hadn't missed 3 open goals in the first half. What was his name again????<P>Oh yes Lee Spiller - Did that get added to his wages Steve? grin.gif" border="0 grin.gif" border="0

So sorry to have got you all at war, at least it keeps it interesting. <BR>To Chesham (complete no-hopers that lack support) Can’t wait for the re-match. You got lucky once. IT WON’T HAPPEN AGAIN.<P>To the Aldershot and Canvey chaps.<BR> Almost every supporter from every other club in and outside this league will want us to win because we don’t have your money for one and we don’t kick the other teams out of the way as Aldershot do. <P>Apart from us I would like to see the Shots promoted as they like ourselves have the ground and the fan base to play league football, not one of the other clubs in this former amateur league does. If only you would start playing football and stop cheating, usually violently. <P>Any other teams that have been mentioned are irrelevant. Please don’t ask me to explain why. I already have.<P>Carjam<BR>(Braintree…its getting closer.)

Clearly you agree with my comments re Aldershot too then. Anyone that's seen them play over the last few seasons im sure will agree.<P>You missed Cheshams win at our place then, Me too, I was abroad. I am told though that for some parts of the match Chesham were superb....what's gone wrong?.<P>The ground is MORE than adequate and has passes the Conferance grading just a few weeks back.<P>Carjam

Chesham probably need more seating for a Conference grading. Had we sorted our grading out in 92-93 we would be a conference side, well, hypothetically anyway.<P>I will take the banter hat off now. Spiller is doing really well and I think Bob took advantage of the fact he was non-contract.<P>We have, however released Steve Barnes the scorer of the third 'wonder' goal. I say we can still win this league, because I think we have it in ourselves to do that. I know our hopes are distanced, but not misplaced.<P>I said before, I think it will be Canvey this year, but the Shots and GNFC will run them close. If we improve form then I think we can get in to that pack, but it's too early to say.

To Steve from Chesham, yes Spiller is a very good player. He just falls down a lot.<P>As for the Aldershot Chappie yes our ground is adeguate for our support. It is actually more than adequate for yours and ours put together. Check the Non-league directory. It's capacity is listed as 9,999. The biggest I have attended was 6,000 with plenty of room. And i say again IT HAS already this season passed Conference grading. <P>Carjam

It can be a little bit like that, <BR>The last time we got 6000 was for a match against then European Champions Notts Forest whenever they were European Champions. Dont forget the 26,ooo that we had for a home FA Cup tie with A. Villa just a few years back.<BR>Anyhow the subject here is predictions. We are off topic. I shall start a new one, Aldershot related. <P>Not coming back here<P>Carjam

That’s not really a fair statement. I said fan base, its different. Check again towards the end of the season. The last few years of poor football and little success has paid its toll. Not so long ago Gravesend regularly had 1500 + crowds. Expect crowds larger than that around Feb/March when the title is in the bag.<BR>I see you agree about the ground then.<P>Carjam