Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Burnham 5 Windsor and Eton 1

The Meeting tommorow will be very interesting! Aparently seeds swore at the fans behind the goal. I cannot say i blame him one bit. Some of the swearing i heard shouted out at full volume was embrassing. I don't mind it but tonight was a step too far lads

before you came out, there were at least 3 times when he could have easily won the ball, but once again, put no effort in to get the ball, not once! the last few games i've seen, he hasnt put the effort in! he's scored goals, fair enough, but i think his all round contribution compared to other players isn't good enough!

What about the tactics. Playing Coyne or dolan on the wing backfired as both looked lost. As for the defence. Poor marking gave burnham easy chances for the third, fourth and fith goals.

Its not as if I can blame Cooper and it wasn't all his fault!

You don't give a side like burnham easy chances as they will put them away.

I have to say that I thought they were a good side.

There number 9 up front ran our defence ragged.

Why was the edge and cahill on the bench when they have been our best players over the last few weeks.

And Finally, 3 cracking goals. Chennels for the first and the first 2 strikes from burnham. For me worth the entrance money alone.

My one gripe with burnham is trying to get a beer at half time.

Took bloody ages and ending up missing the third goal.

Yes but people have given him stick beforehand and yet still chant his name when he scores. Do not blame him one bit. yes he isn't a hard working striker but he gets the goals!

Chels mate if you were being called a [****!!****] for missing a half chance of a header would you really want to put the effort in for the same fans? I know i wouldn't.

As Celine Dion would say, "this is getting serious".

I was going to write a page long rant about last nights game but like most of our players I can't be bothered.

For a few minutes in the 2nd half I thought I'd walked into a time warp and gone back 12 months such was the attitude of some of our players.

We were 2nd best all over the park, The only player to come away with any credit was Chennels who scored a great goal and ran his socks off despite getting little or no support up front.

Sorry about the wait at half-time for a beer,although it did not happen for you on the pitch i hope you enjoyed your visit to the 'GORE'

good luck for the rest of the season !!!!!

Seeds needs a reality check, if he is happy to play and score goals and get the credit fine, but if the only bit of passion or effort he is prepared to put in is sticking his fingers up at the fans then he can f**k off. After an ebarrassing defeat to a pub side the fans turned up and sung a bit, wee took the lead in a game that was looking dire and we still stuck by them, so when they throw a game in an embarrassing manner with no effort and no idea why should we stand by and cheer them on, let them know that with their ability, and there is plenty of it as we have seen them perform this season, we expect better. i think Seeds attitude summed u last night. as for the argument that he gets abuse, so why not give it back, well we put the effort in and he doesn't, so he deserves it. Gordon Hill never got abuse and he wasn't the most talented player in any of the teams, wonder why that was???

All we ask for is 100% from every player and Seeds couldn't even be ar$ed to jump for a ball in the box, pathetic for a man of his alleged experience. It is these experienced players we look to when things start to go a bit wrong and we don't need a holsgrove type attitude.

It need sorting out, and soon if we are to put any type of challenge for a play off place.

Fuzzy

I think we all need a reality check,'PLAYOFFS'personally i do not think we can achieve that know,maybe we should be looking to build for next season,this league is about players giving 110% for the cause,look at last night Burnham were a very hard working side,in fact look at most sides we have played recently all have had passion /drive and commitment!!!

Food for thought me thinks

I think some of these posts are a bit of the mark, we werent exactly played off the park its just our defence is too old and slow. Although Dolan and Coyne did look a bit lost i thought they put in tremendous work especially Dolan who ran his heart out at the end and looked as gutted as we did at the result. The problem we have is we keep relying on the younger players-Coyne,Dolan,Edge,Chenns and Dunlop are all only 21 and its to much to keep asking them to produce the good. Players like Seedel and the other older players need to take a long hard look at themselves and stop blaming other which so often seems to be the case.

Now is time to take stock and build for a challenge next season, keep the players we want and get rid of the ones who we dont want. Get back to basic lads as im still 100% behind this youthful attractive football team.

sounds like simple simon trying to keep his job that last post.

its like berko all over again, greatest manager in there history to ever lose 9-0 at home.

Quote - After an ebarrassing defeat to a pub side the fans turned up and sung a bit, wee took the lead in a game that was looking dire and we still stuck by them.

Have a laugh son - Pub Side !! - Pub Side !! - I dont know of many 'Pub Sides' with a team like Burnham's, Every player giving 150% to make sure that they showed your manager how to perform on the park.... Oh and I dont see too many 'Pub Teams' with 2 Million pounds worth of facilities at our disposal... Got to go now - heading for the playoffs :0)

Was not good news hearing the Burnham players mocking Simon Lane's attempts at signing one of their own via a 7 day approach. Quoted "£150 a week plus bonuses". Must cause unrest in the Windsor squad, unless all are very well paid, if so the budget must be going through the roof for little reward.