Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Burnham 5 Windsor and Eton 1

£150 quid the norm, you must be joking...i know of 3 regulars that are on less than £100 and 2 regulars on a £100.

You should get your facts right before coming on here stirring trouble, we all know people like Ursell are on good money but dont believe everything that people say.

Originally Posted By: Woody WEFC
Chels mate if you were being called a [****!!****] for missing a half chance of a header would you really want to put the effort in for the same fans? I know i wouldn't.

it wasn't for the fact he missed a 'half chance' header, it was the fact that he didn't even try and go for the ball, not once but about 5 times!

All these anons are getting confusing.

We have anon - the one that knows every clubs' budget in the league!

Anon - the recently retarded [sorry that should be retired] player who desperately wants the managers' job.

Anon - the ex-manager aka 'The Text Man'.

Anon - who claims to have inside info at the club but is always proved wrong.

Anon - who seems to be Simon Lanes' personal historian but only remembers the bad and not the good things.

Blimey the list is endless but the strange thing is they all have one thing in common 'THEY ALL TALK ABSOLUTE CRAP'.

Let's deal with facts;- [1] No manager at this club will ever lose his job based on the comments made by faceless people on this forum because the people that make the decisions don't read the nonsense printed on here. [2] Two of our anon posters have ensured they will never be offered any sort of position at the club through their constant childish stirring [and the message has gone out to other local clubs as well]. [3] Budgets are set by the directors and are strictly controlled, if they weren't happy then something would have been done about it.

Genuine supporters of the club will always have the avenue of talking to the directors to voice any concerns they may have, it is one of the things that always been the case and the reason why were have such a close knit community here. Last night was just 'One of those games' where a bit of sloppiness cost us dearly, but don't forget it could quite as easily have been a 5 - 5 draw had we taken what looked on paper some fairly easy chances, in fact had we taken those early chances we may have gone on to win quite comfortably but that's football for you!

Take nothing away from the Burnham lads last night, they battled hard and took their chances. Whether they have the quality in depth to get into and through the playoffs is another matter but the best of luck to them. I personally hope they don't go up because the propect of a division that includes us, Burnham, Slough, and all the other local games means enjoyable football and short journeys for next season.

Can anyone really have any sympathy for Simon Lane and the teams gradual and now steep dip in form?

If SL hadn't haven "gone large" at the start of the season about Promotions then MAYBE we could all accept the various excuses and get behind him for next season. It seems to me SL made promises he has neither the experience or tactical nous to deliver. The team has only one style of playing on one type of surface which unless Windsor are going to up sticks the Nou Camp, will not cut it against the Brook houses of this world and the like.

Thanks for your efforts SL but do the decent thing and let someone else have ago.

Zoom i know you live far away but it was a real shame you couldn't make the meeting tonight. hopefully someone will put the highlights online or in the programme?

before you go criticising other teams i'e the pub side i play for that beat u 5-3, or teams like burnham, that give 110% EVERY single game for 90mins, look at ur own team and ur own players

on paper, you should win the league, simple

on budget, u should win the league, simple

but, you are below my pub side and well behind a good side in burnham!

seems to me that your big time manager SL hasnt got the team behind him, makes some very strange decisions with team selections and substitutions, cant see it working for him if the players dont respect him

I have read the posts on this thread and can't understand why you keep refering back to the 'pub side' that beat you 5-3!! Yourselves and other clubs in this division seem to think that a playoff place was your right at the start of the season and when you get beaten people come onto forums like these and moan about how they have been beaten by 'poor teams' or 'weak opposition'. REALITY CHECK NEEDED!! You are in this division for a reason, the same as every other team. It is not your right to turn up and win games just for being there, maybe the sooner your players/fans and whoever realise this the better as you seem to be going nowhere fast except down the table!!

Brook House are a pub side. I was there for the dross both sides dished up two weeks ago and the standard of football was pretty poor. Those who give credit to Brook House though do so correctly as although technically pants they showed much more gritt and determination than Windsor which when coupled with slack defending, poor attitude and the gifting of goals on the 3rd and 45th minutes produced the ingredients for a commanding Brook House victory.

It may come across as arrogance but this is a poor division much less than the level Windsor are traditionally associated with and supporters are well within their rights in expecting a decent fist of a promotion push. Where there seems to be disagreement is on how much slack we should cut SL after months of indifferent form and now some very poor performances against what are in the main poor sides in a poor league.

I'm of the view that 6 weeks of good form from a manager with connections at AFC Dons, a generous playing budget and the backing from two very patient chairman is scant return from a manager that was only too quick to come in making what are now obviously false promises. I didn't go to the meeting but in all honesty what could we have missed? Excuse A followed by Excuse B with a dash of bad weather excuse C?

Only Master Stott and Simpson can decide if they've seen enough to let SL have another go next season, from what i've made this term i've seen not one game when Windsor have manged to roll up their sleeves and snatch a point or dig in for a 1-0 or a 2-1. It's all very well playing slick passing football on green tops (Chesham away 3-0 up half-time game over spring to mind) but do this bunch look like they've the b*ll*cks to scrap for a point in the mud against Brook House?

There's more chance of Terry Hall appearing in next years good ale and pub guide.

A simple question - What will everyone moan about if we win our last thirteen games and win promotion via the playoffs?

The league is so tight [apart from Bashley, the Champions elect] that just about anyone from 18th upwards could put together a run into the playoffs and gain promotion. Therefore how can you knock someone for failing to deliver a promise when he hasn't yet failed to deliver?

If any new manager had come in at the beginning of this season and not talked about promotion we would all have wondered why he had been appointed as it would seemingly show a lack of ambition!