Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Burnham 5 Windsor and Eton 1

Brook House are a pub side. I was there for the dross both sides dished up two weeks ago and the standard of football was pretty poor. Those who give credit to Brook House though do so correctly as although technically pants they showed much more gritt and determination than Windsor which when coupled with slack defending, poor attitude and the gifting of goals on the 3rd and 45th minutes produced the ingredients for a commanding Brook House victory.

The standard of football was/is always likely to be poor on a pitch such as yours - far worse than 'the pub sides' pitch . We have probably been our own worst enemies in the past 8 games or so - where we have tried to play football on pitches that you simply cannot. We tried it at Marlow the week before we played Windsor and were beaten 4-1. We came to your place with this in mind, hence the tactics during the game against you. To say we are 'technically pants' is an insult and in-correct, we have been known over the last 4 years or so as a footballing team who always try to play quick attractive football.

And yes, it does come accross as arrogance on your part. You as a fan can expect what you like - but you are where you are for a reason.

To be fair Neutralbob has a point I defy any team to not look like a pub side on our pitch... its unfortunate but ball brakes so quick in the mud that through balls are allmost impossable at times. Attractive football is hard to do. Lets face the winner will be exactly as people have said .. the team that rolls up and just battles on with it.

Originally Posted By: brookboy
Brook House are a pub side. I was there for the dross both sides dished up two weeks ago and the standard of football was pretty poor. Those who give credit to Brook House though do so correctly as although technically pants they showed much more gritt and determination than Windsor which when coupled with slack defending, poor attitude and the gifting of goals on the 3rd and 45th minutes produced the ingredients for a commanding Brook House victory.

The standard of football was/is always likely to be poor on a pitch such as yours - far worse than 'the pub sides' pitch . We have probably been our own worst enemies in the past 8 games or so - where we have tried to play football on pitches that you simply cannot. We tried it at Marlow the week before we played Windsor and were beaten 4-1. We came to your place with this in mind, hence the tactics during the game against you. To say we are 'technically pants' is an insult and in-correct, we have been known over the last 4 years or so as a footballing team who always try to play quick attractive football.
And yes, it does come accross as arrogance on your part. You as a fan can expect what you like - but you are where you are for a reason.

Well obviously i see much less of BH than you do. If judged on the 5-3 though, there's now way in the world that technically you stand up to us. In the latter stages of that game the ref failed to give a stone-wall peanlty which would have made it 4-4. I commented at the time though that Windsor simply didn't deserve or earn such good fortune as your boys worked their nuts off where as ours sulked like babies.

If you think i'll give you credit though for owt else when basically your pants then you've a long wait.

First day in the office is it?

you havent got to give us credit, we have had plenty of managers/fans comment on the type of football we play, bearing in mind we are a pub side with the lowest budget in the league and are above teams like Windsor......whoops-a-daisy

First day in the office is it?! - am i missing something?! Looks like your sense of humour is on par with the quality of your pitch and team.

Don't want or expect any credit from you, you're obviously missing the point I was making. See you again next season in this 'poor league' of which your side is making up the numbers.

Originally Posted By: brookboy
First day in the office is it?! - am i missing something?! Looks like your sense of humour is on par with the quality of your pitch and team.
Don't want or expect any credit from you, you're obviously missing the point I was making. See you again next season in this 'poor league' of which your side is making up the numbers.

You could always clear off to your own Forum then, or does your sunday league pub side not have one since they arrived peacock like into the rectum of non-league?????

Originally Posted By: neutralbob
you havent got to give us credit, we have had plenty of managers/fans comment on the type of football we play, bearing in mind we are a pub side with the lowest budget in the league and are above teams like Windsor......whoops-a-daisy

Enjoy it whilst it lasts Robert.

Originally Posted By: zoom

oh we will and are, dont u worry about that!

enjoy the season and keep up the good moaning zoom, must be helping the players loads!

Originally Posted By: zoom

oh we will and are, dont u worry about that!

enjoy the season and keep up the good moaning zoom, must be helping the players loads!

I'll criticise where it's placed though judging by the wall of silence from the Brook House travelling "army" when your 5th went in, i don't think i'll be getting too much in the way of tips on how to really get behind the boys during a game.

Good look with the fund to get brook house connected to the mains supply.

Well hello Mr Tut? I think your little spurt was actually totally uncalled for. Firstly I would like to officially introduce myself as Miss Jodie Binsteed Proffesional Dancer and soon to be Mrs Seedel not "Seeds dancing bird" as you so politely put it before.

Why your so interested in his personal life is beyond me? Is it possibly because its allot more intereting than your own? This is often the case with people like you.

Why dont you keep your head on the game and try not to insult players personally in the process.

Or In a language you may understand GROW UP MR TUT? I cant bring myself to call you King!!!!

Some are not on £50 a week and young Adam is on "nuffink" yet travels to Bristol as sub and again yesterday. cant even fill the subs bench now with all the injuries and suspensions yet they still get paid.Understand Omar has gone to Burnham on £60 more than he was on at Windsor.

funny he was wanted by SL when we go away on long trips as sub but ignored all night,all the stars were suspended,never let us down no more than imports.We discarded others who have come back to haunt us,Dominic White,anda recent 7 day bid for player we let go as not good enough.Omar like a few others were recommended by RESERve managers but never given long enough by SL to eastablish themselves.