Welcome to the new software - Please read! Read more... ×
Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  

I am off into hiding!

Liverpool just lost 1-2 to GRIMSBY Oh god leastways Braintree won - over and very much out! blush.gif" border="0

Irony,<P>You'll not be surprised to hear my depression has lifted slightly after your prediction was splendidly back to front.<P>I'm able to look down the table now as well as up. Who knows, one day my eyes might be able to focus on the top half so I can check what you're all going on about.<P>Happy days. Up the Eagles!

well done B.E. beating chesham is no mean feat..the top of the table is now looking to be mugged by the essex mafia...even billericay are joining in!!! shocked.gif" border="0

yup we have suffered that curse.. first day of the season we beat chesham and squeaked in on goal difference..it all went **** up after that

First day of the season doesn't count.<P>I mean if Croydon beat someone 5-0 they wouldv'e been top.<P>Let me qualify my question. Have Canvey had a sustained period at the top this season(over more than one game)?<P>And the answer is no.<P>So, "even Billericay are joining in" is not a statement of quality really. We joined the party at the beginning of the season, led a dance or two and then popped out for a breather. We are now back and getting our second wind.<P>Ooooooooooo, I don't feel well.

Oh dear, Oh dear, Oh dear.<P>We managed our worst performance of the season, the only good that may come off it is that Croydon may get a bit closer to relegation!!<P>Bald Eagle, all credit to your boys, we were poor, but your lads took advantage. I felt a bit sorry for our keeper, Delroy, he doesn't usually drop clangers but I think you'll agree the 2nd goal was a bit lucky!!<P>Anyhow well done anyway Bedford, I am going to find a hiding place myself. Hey Baldy, know anywhere to get those anti-depresants?

the answer to your original question is still yes..croydon didnt win 5.0 we won 5.1 so we were top (not that i give a toss) the answer to your significantly different second question is no.. my statement about 'ricay' joining in is perfectly valid in the current circumstances (in my humble opinion)..please refer all further questions to my legal representatives as i am getting a migrane now

Boys boys boys !!!! Stop arguing. We are the top placed Essex club, we've never been out of the top five and been top as well. Canvey have a game on us so can get ahead, but only IF they win it. Good to see we're maintaining the 5 point advantage over Billericay and a now whopping 11 points over Chesham. Keep saving that money Gazza & Steve.<P> wink.gif" border="0 GO IRON

Iron Knob, Braintree's performance is well noted but like all your seasons you have a habit of fading at the end.<P>So, I think me moneys safe.<P>CANV, sorry mate, I'm still a bit, where I was last night.

That begs the question, does your football team look any better whilst on hallucenagenic<BR>drugs?<P>I am guessing Gazza could answer this one...

Never, ever done that out of respect of the people around me who disagree with the stuff (like my brother in law), so can't say.<P>Also, a bad paranoid trip would be a nightmare if we were loosing.

Sorry Gazz, was just trying to think of a way to make our game at Croydon more entertaining.<P>I don't touch the stuff. I remember Grange Hill when they said 'Just say no'. I think we have all learnt from Zammo's sad and dramatic demise....<P>I will stop now as I firmly believe I am talking a load of 'Brad Pitt'. Sorry lads.

No probs SteveP.<P>Like I'm not an adictive person (except maybe where Billericay Town are concerned) and everything has its time and place.<P>Like everything, drink, blow, footie, ****, even walking across the road, they all have their down side and can be dangerous. Just gotta keep things in perspective.

Ahh what a day talk about a double headed hangover - one to commiserate the not so mighty Reds dropping Grim clangers and one for the mighty Iron maintaining our superior league position - lets be honest who wants to be voodoo top at this stage.<P>Then I had to teach a class of first years how to give injections nearly threw up.<P>Just waiting for the phone call to be struck off! shocked.gif" border="0

If Braintree win at home on Saturday - they will go top. mad.gif" border="0<P>Mind you Canvey will go second on Tuesday if they win, or top if Braintree fail to win. smile.gif" border="0 <P>Not sure if Braintree will find it that easy against Hampton & Richmond.<P>In reponse to Gazza - first day of the season does count - every team had played one game, so in fact, being top with no games in hand by any team could be argued as more represenatative than any other time, as at the moment Aldershot have two games in hand, and we have one - so a true assesment cannot be guaged until the teams are all level with the same games played. Mind you that theory wouldn't have held up last season at any point.<P>Did that make sense?! I am off for a lie down - this migrane is spreading. wink.gif" border="0

SteveP, I've got plenty if you want some. I'd been stocking up for the long gloomy winter months ahead but maybe I won't be needing them so much from now on.<P>I won't deny that we had some luck last night but, believe me, we were due a bit. We haven't looked as bad as our record would suggest all season. We're still not out of it yet but hopefully with some renewed confidence we can upset a few other higher placed teams and escape to safety.<P>Up the Eagles!

Bald Eagle,<P>I'm pleased you got a win last night not only in respect of making my tenner look safer, but coz you got a good club and good support there. I think the Eagle will soar like the predatory animal it is. Enjoy the glory. <P>GO IRON