Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Potters Bar Town

Horace - Not at all, I still think your comparison is laughable and Kentish Town would beat the likes of Crawley Green, AFC Dunstable and Kings Langley nine times out of ten as would teams lower down Division 1 than ourselves such as Arlesey Athletic and New Bradwell St Peter.

You're entitled to your opinion - I'll stick with mine.

Originally Posted By: Horace
You're entitled to your opinion - I'll stick with mine.

Horace - Well that's what the Forum is for, it's all about opinions however I believe the gulf between Division 1 and Division 2 is similar to that of Division 1 and the Premier Division. Admitedly it's unfortunate that all the teams in division 2 haven't got floodlights and therefore can't pit their wits at a higher level but it's hardly my fault is it.

It's not your fault but I think not having your own ground you should be playing Div 2 as well.. it's not as if you've got work in progress constructing a pitch or anything is it!?!?!

What has happened to Potters Bar Town, he hasn't been on all day and he's due to disappear into the sunset tomorrow night, I'm getting worried he might do so without saying goodbye to us.

Still around, clip Rods. I've been out watching football all day Monday (something you do surprisingly little of considering you keep saying you are a football man through and through). I presume this disappearing into the sunset business is some sort of RhodesWorld thing, i.e. bears no resemblance to what's going on in the real world.

Originally Posted By: Potters Bar Town FC
I presume this disappearing into the sunset business is some sort of RhodesWorld thing, i.e. bears no resemblance to what's going on in the real world.

No, it's just that you have posted previously that you will be retiring tonight after your Cup Final, you said that it would be an appropriate time to walk away. Can we still hold you to that.

I said that I would retire from club administration after the Cup Final (which is tomorrow night, by the way). I have never said anything about walking away from this forum, although I will probably change my user name in due course.

To what PBT
The artist formerly know as biglaugh

Potters Bar Town - Wherever you are. I would just like to wish you good luck in your retirement as a football administrator and to say that at the end of the day there is no bitterness or any hard feelings on my part, I want to acknowledge the excellent job you have done at Potters Bar as their Secretary in your time at Parkfield. Clearly however you have a serious problem with Kentish Town following our ill fated groundshare last season but that had nothing to do with me personally and you were wrong to use me as some sort of scape goat on here knowing that I'm an easy target. Anyway best wishes for the future.

Kept it quiet? I wrote the statement and got Jeff Barnes to issue the press release on Thursday. It's been on the club website since Wednesday night and also appeared in the Ryman League bulletin released yesterday. I didn't mention it here as it isn't SSML related but it's hardly been kept quiet.

Well I was referring to you keeping it quiet on here as if you had something to hide but fair enough, I thought Jeff had stepped down and was no longer at Parkfield. On a totally different subject have you come across this before, as you seem to surf the internet 24/7 I assume you have:

http://eachgameasitcomes.blogspot.com/2007/03/potters-bar.html

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
I have formally confirmed where we will be playing next season and everything is cut and dried, we will not be hiring the stadium on a match to match basis either as was the case at Haringey, Potters Bar and Hendon which I agree was not ideal.

So finally you admit that you didn't have a proper groundshare agreement with us. Took you a while didn't it.

Also, I have it on very good authority that nothing has been cut and dried with Barnet Council regarding the use of Copthall Stadium.

SteveR - That's nonsense, I haven't admitted to anything. As for our new ground of course it is all cut and dried and we have formal written agreement which we have sent to the SSML, all we're waiting for now is the fixtures for next season.

I have formally announced it as well as stated that our home game with Haringey Borough has been made all ticket next season, it has also been all over the press like a rash, I'm surprised you didn't hear the trumpeting and noise of jaws hitting the floor in deepest Chingford.

So why haven't you "announced" it on this forum yet, as promised many months ago?

Sorry, clip Rods, but I can't find the post on this forum where we were all the "first to know" as you consistently promised us all we would be. Could you re-post it for me, please? I wouldn't want to call you a liar again if you have proof to the contrary.