Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Potters Bar Town

This post has nothing to do with 'the artist' formerly known as Potters Bar Town, I just thought that members might be interested to see the results of their presentation night:

http://www.pbtfc.degz.co.uk/home-news.php?ID=419

Football Man - No not at all, I've already explained on another thread that they can create a lot of bad feeling and anomosity in the ranks, I can't understand why so many Club's swear by them unless it's just to make a few quid in bar takings.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Football Man - No not at all, I've already explained on another thread that they can create a lot of bad feeling and anomosity in the ranks, I can't understand why so many Club's swear by them unless it's just to make a few quid in bar takings.

Can you name another club at "semi-pro" (to quote you) level that DOESN'T have a presentation evening?

No I can't off the top of my head however we wouldn't have one if you paid us and supplied gold plated trophies free of charge. If Lee Scott, as expected, were to win a player of the season award he wouldn't even dream of going up to collect it so what's the point.

Thanks for the link earlier Rhodes, as far as I'm concerned your a legend and top wind-up merchant. I'll visit the Copthall next season no doubt, and all 3 of my readers will be over my report like the proverbial rash.

MKJames - Thanks for that (I think) but why did you use this particular thread to say that. Anyway if you PM or e-mail me to let me know when you're coming to Copthall I will arrange a complimentary ticket, other than the Haringey Borough home game that is.

Whilst we're on the subject of Potters Bar Town I see that they have appointed Steve Browne as their new Manager and the following piece was in yesterday's non league paper:

'Potters Bar Town have appointed Steve Browne as first team manager. The ex-Slough boss managed rival Ryman Division 1 North Club Aveley until March. He also previously managed Boreham Wood and is a qualified UEFA 'B' Coach. Chairman Peter Waller said: He was one of many high calibre managers who applied for the job, we feel Steve fulfils our ideas of how we want to play football, progress the Club on a tight budget and progress the youth players into the first team. Browne has booked a home friendly with Maidenhead United for Tuesday 24 July'.

I will be interested to get Football Man's take on that even though he has nothing to do with the Parkfield outfit any longer.

I gave the Chairman, at his request, my opinion of Steve Browne, in the same way that I gave my opinion of everyone else who applied for the job. The end decision, however, rested with the current committee of the club. I am no longer part of that committee so I can't really say the appointment concerns me one way or the other, although I naturally wish Steve good luck with the job.

Thanks for that straight forward reply, will you be attending the friendly with Maidenhead United on 24 July.

Originally Posted By: Football Man
I may even get along to Copthall at least once next season

Don't forget to give us prior notice of your arrival so we can arrange a lynching party, Alfie Noakes style or inject the Battenburg cake with something in an Alexander Litvinenko fashion.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Don't forget to give us prior notice of your arrival so we can arrange a lynching party, Alfie Noakes style or inject the Battenburg cake with something in an Alexander Litvinenko fashion.

Wow, another good taste post.. you really do revel in other peoples misfortune don't you!

Originally Posted By: NeutralFan
you really do revel in other peoples misfortune don't you!

Who are you referring to, Football Man or Alexanda Litvinenko.

What nasty in-appropriate comments are those then, you pick on me yet choose to ignore NeutralFan's in-appropriate picture which is a bit in yer face and over the top in my opinion.

Originally Posted By: Maldini66
I agree great baps

I've seen better in my time!