Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

dean austin

JKiF

Originally Posted By: AFF
What, half loan and half sponsorship?

The accounts of the company will show whether there a debt to Chippington Haulage in the form of a loan, of course. We will have to wait for the accounts to be published. in 18 months time.

It's pathetic for this stuff to be aired in the local rag, in my view.

On the one hand, this is a bad time for the Observer to be talking to Gibbo in view of the funeral of his mother this week, but on the other hand, it might have been better if he had told the hack to bUgger off and leave him alone just now.

The exchanges concerning Bill Chippington do nobody any good, least of all 'our' football club. And public comments by the Chairman in the press concerning specific applicants for the post of manager is certainly not the right way, in my view.

In particular, I found the piece concerning the appointment of a new manager fascinating

Gibbo is actually quoted as follows: "We want someone to came in and not just look at the first team but get involved with the reserve team we are setting up and it is a lot of responsibility".

One could interpret "get involved" (with the reserves) as "look after". That's not quite what I am hearing. For me, the manager has to have overall control of the football side of the club. I hear that the Reserve team manager has already been 'ear-marked' if not appointed by the board and that may be a problem for any new Supremo.

totally agree with all this
my opinion on the ressies are well documented.

a book for you AFF
"the damned united " by david peace

"Crime Writers Guild of America", perhaps?

I gather that the 14 chapters provisionally entitled "The Dark Ages" are likely to be fascinating in themselves.

Should sell well in the emerging markets of North Essex and Soho Square.

Or you could consider ...

Alan Devonshire - about to win the Ryman Prem.

Martin Hayes - done well at Stortford this season

Ian MacDonald - done well at Farnboro, despite the 10 point deduction and has just resigned

Steve Cordery - working hard at Staines

Dave Howell - ditto at Harrow, with limited resources.

Originally Posted By: AFF

One could interpret "get involved" (with the reserves) as "look after". That's not quite what I am hearing. For me, the manager has to have overall control of the football side of the club. I hear that the Reserve team manager has already been 'ear-marked' if not appointed by the board and that may be a problem for any new Supremo.

I have a horrible feeling I know whose ear has already been marked. bigcry