Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Dorking fc -the truth

Seems kinda' quiet on here since the posting of an official statement on the DFC web-site.

P'raps everyone is out and about and enjoying this very wet bank holiday monday weather !

It seems the club have placed an ad for the role of First Team Manager.

Apparently he/she will be responsible for the First Team squad in the Combined Counties League, although the club dont say which division.

Are the qualification rules a little easier to meet in Div 1?

Dorking Fc say they will categorically be competing in the CCL for season 2007-2008, .

Quote from DFC in Dorking ad article

"Dorking FC will be there at the start of next season

people forget that dorking fc is not just the first team we have youth teams and the girls section"

I wonder what undertakings clubs have to make to the league and FA to guarantee they can complete the season?

I believe the statement also says

Further announcements will follow in due course,but under advice from the Clubs Lawyers,we cannot unfortunately comment on our legal position in regards to our leasehold negotiations with MVDC at this time.

So still no lease in place.

Dorking could play in Div 1 next season along with Raynes Park as Div 1 clubs don't need a lease until season 2008/2009.

But if the Council have or are about to evict Dorking under Section 25 ( as mentioned on Council website ) then I could not see that the CCL would have them in the league if they can not complete all their games.

Would make a right joke of the league if they allow that to go on.

Bit of a joke that you can't even see the message board on the Dorking website

Are Bookham in the same boat?

Should be a lively CCL meeting.

I have to say it sickens me to think of players efforts on the pitch being made worthless by some clubs apparent failure to meet rules.

And then there's the volunteer clubmen who work to make ground gradings. Ive read on another site (horley's I think) that another club may have issues with stands and fences.

Still if the saga at West Ham and the Premier League is still rumbling on, we shouldnt be surprised if there is uncertainty at this level.

Originally Posted By: thespursfan
Are Bookham in the same boat?

Should be a lively CCL meeting.

I have to say it sickens me to think of players efforts on the pitch being made worthless by some clubs apparent failure to meet rules.

And then there's the volunteer clubmen who work to make ground gradings. Ive read on another site (horley's I think) that another club may have issues with stands and fences.

Still if the saga at West Ham and the Premier League is still rumbling on, we shouldnt be surprised if there is uncertainty at this level.

i think it's Colliers Wood

Very interested to note the circus that is DFC and the ever more desperate postings by the rebel army.

Having spoken to a mate of mine who knows a bit about property law. I have found out that Mole Valley council could not posibly evict DFC before the end of next season even if they win their case. DFC think they will win evidently according to their legal advice.

If this is the case then the ground will not become vacant in the near future.

I'm sure that the ATM consortium can form a new team but to play in what competition? and what league?

I can't see any of Dorkings disafected players let alone the Lunns going for that.

Game over as far as I see it.

Still ATM as Junior is not going to Bookham as their chair will you? angel

Originally Posted By: BMonkey
DFC think they will win evidently according to their legal advice.

They are bound to say that aren't they. Everyone's going to win according to their statements to the press, even inconceivable victories like Iraq in the battle for Baghdad and the Lib Dems in the general election.

The rest of your post can be disregarded as it is based upon the premise that the Collins say they will win so it must be true.