Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

tragic events in portugal...

my initial gut feeling when this happened was that they would never see the kid again (I had the same feeling when the two girls went missing in Soham). I honestly think that if she was snatched, she was out of the country before the police showed up at the hotel

As I said doubt she'll ever be seen again.

If she is in Morocco as suspected then I doubt she'll be found unless the British authorities get involved and conduct their own investigation although I suspect they'll be just as useless as the Portuguese.

Originally Posted By: YELLOW
As I said doubt she'll ever be seen again.

If she is in Morocco as suspected then I doubt she'll be found unless the British authorities get involved and conduct their own investigation although I suspect they'll be just as useless as the Portuguese.

I'm told that the route from Morocco is into the desert, normally to rich nomadic tribes-people, and then, who knows where ?

Once she's in the desert there is very little anybody can do. Where exactly do you start looking? It's like trying to find 'a needle in a haystack'.

Did I read that the parents are now going to see the Pope?

I find the whole episode a bit surreal - if the parents had used Mark Warner for their childcare then this might not have happened - and why leave a child alone at all???

Of course next - they will be appearing on some reality TV show!!

Originally Posted By: Ian_W
Did I read that the parents are now going to see the Pope?

I find the whole episode a bit surreal - if the parents had used Mark Warner for their childcare then this might not have happened - and why leave a child alone at all???

Of course next - they will be appearing on some reality TV show!!

The World's gone mad! mad

Only just looked into the forum after a couple of days. I am very relieved - I thought it was only Lass and I thinking along these lines! I've even had a pyramid email about the little girl. As always I deleted it at once.

Anyway, totally agree with the observations about the OTT media coverage, which completely mystifies me. There has to be something or someone behind it.

What annoys me is some of these 'experts' that popped up saying that the parents had done nothing wrong. Of course they bloody have. They should be charged with negligence, at least. It's a fair bet they did it every night, as I woud imagine that a kidnapper would have watched them and their behaviour patterns over several days. Assuming there was a kidnapper of course.

thousands of kids go missing every day across this big bad old world...most of them in south america (which is the worst place) are catholics.. but the pope never holds an audience with their poverty stricken mothers who are mostly drug addled prostitutes...the whole thing (as Ian rightly says) has the air of a surreal garish soap opera about it...

of course the whereabouts of this sad little child are of paramount importance to any right minded person but I just cannot help think that the parents are somehow flogging this for all its worth....the latest is that a private lear jet is collecting them to take them to the vatican...who the fcks paying for all of this and if it's money donated to help find the child surely it shouldn't be spent on a lear jet...

the parents seem totally oblivious to the reality of it all as they lap up the media attention...mix with the high and mighty of industry and the entertainment world and parade the twins for the world press....they are even now considering offers to appear on US chat shows.....why the US...?

the child won't be there will she but the dosh on offer may well be bigger....

I can but shake my head in bewilderment over it all.... confused

I can only agree with all of the above, this world has gone insane!

First this Papel meeting, and now I've just seen that there is going to be a TV show where the winner gets a new Kidney!!!!

My old grandparents have recently told me that they have given up watching the news as they don't understand most of it... I can see where they are coming from.

I have passed over this item several times and thought the normal thoughts but could not type them out, why? well I am prepared to attempt logical expressions about enough subjects to be (rightly) a boring old [****!!****] but not where cruelty to children are concerned and in the case of pedophiles I lose all balanced feelings of justice.

I am against state killing but should any child from my family be so attacked I could and would take the killing of the individual concerned as a personal responsibility.

Strange but I could bring myself to type that emotion.

Quote:
Strange but I could bring myself to type that emotion.

Understandable. Not going into details, but a little girl I know was harmed and the only thing that kept her father from killing the man who did it was knowing he would be of no use to her or his other children if he was in prison.

But what if the guy had actually killed her, Moo ?

Of course, some States in the US still have the death penalty !

Indiana still has the death penalty. I am sure if the guy had killed her, her dad would have done his best to get to the man who did what he did.

There has been a case locally where a man raped and killed a 15 year old in July of 2001 and he was given the death penalty, then appealed. Not quite two weeks ago, his second trial landed him the death penalty and it will stick this time. Her 14 year old sister witnessed the whole thing. In a case like that, I don't think giving a lethal injection is punishment enough.

I thought the USA were looking at using lethal injection as a death penalty.

I seem to remember reading a couple of 'em were bodged, and in one case the 'executed' person started to some round in the prison mortuary !

lets get back on track...there is absolutely no evidence to suggest that this little girl was abducted by anyone... pdo's or otherwise....

apartment door still locked... younger siblings still fast asleep...parents pi55ed in a club 500 yards away....