Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

tragic events in portugal...

I see that the Portuguese Police are coming over to Britain next week to interview the so called Tapas 7, I really don't see the point and it's just rubbing salt into the wounds of the McCann's.

what the fact that they should feel guilty for leaving little children alone,these scum should have their other children taken away from them.If they werent proffesional people and lived on a council estate they would of had them taken away by now.

Originally Posted By: urchin_mentalist
If they werent proffesional people and lived on a council estate they would of had them taken away by now.

You mean like Shannon Matthews 'parents', yes you're probably absolutely right, I don't disagree

By coincidence no sooner had I made the above post than Shannon's Mother was arrested on suspicion of involvement in her kidnap and then released on police bail. What do members make of that development out of interest in the light of Urchin Mentalist's earlier comments.

Now charged and remanded in custody.

2 main charges.

Concealment..........

Conspiring to pervert............

What an advertisement for English parenthood ???

Mums eyes looked very red on the news tonight.

Been havin' a boo before going to court ?

Quick trip down the charge-room stairs ????

Slipped and hit her bonce on the cell door ????

SHAME !!!!

• 4 weeks later...

I think we all need to spend a few minutes thinking about Maddie this evening who disappeared sometime between 9.15 and 10.00pm exactly one year ago from her hotel room in Praia da Luz

Isn't that a bit harsh!

No, it is absolutely correct. To leave three (very) small children alone and unattended is outrageous and these neglectful parents are just as guilty as the person(s) that abducted the girl (assuming that was the case). Anything could have happened, if not kidnapping, perhaps a fire, they could have tried to tamper with cookers, fires, heaters etc, become ill, woken up in distress (if not drugged...), an older child could have injured the younger, anything.

To leave such young children unsupervised is incredible. They really should be charged.

Everyone is entitled to make one mistake in their lives, don't you think Kate and Gerry know that and they will have to live with it for the rest of their lives, to brand them as guilty as Maddie's abductor and say they should be charged is out of order

why is it harsh,if you have children you are 100% responsible for your actions while they are growing up.100% of the time you have to give complete devotion to them.Parents that don't innevitably end up bad parents or losing their kids as has happened in this case.

They should both be banged up for child neglect,they are scum

I can't believe that this is the general concensus of everyone on here, okay Kate and Gerry obviously shouldn't have done what they did but they probably never imagined in a million years that someone would abduct one of their children from their hotel room whilst on holiday in a quiet Portuguese town. Anyway didn't the other seven of the so called 'Tapas Nine' also leave their children at the hotel, are they scum too and should they be banged up for child neglect.

yep indeed,also why are the mccanns not bothering with a re construction like every other parent would insist on,is it because they have something to hide or are they scared that the portuguese police might actually bang them up like they deserve on their return to portugal.Shame our police and criminal law don't take the same stance.

Urchin Mentalist - What good would a re-construction do, what's the point

re constructions are proved to jog peoples memory and time and time again they have.People think they have not seen anything but when they see the reconstruction invariably even the smallest thing can jog someones memory.Apparantly the mccanns have said they didn't want to do a reconstruction because it would only be using actors(who look like them) and not them,which just about sums up the publicity crazed pair

I don't think that after a year a re-construction is going to achieve much or be particularly helpful, anyway an eye witness said she already saw someone carrying Maddie away so she was obviously abducted, end of, and is hopefully still alive somewhere. I also think that just because the McCann's, in particular Kate, never show much emotion they are automatically suspected of having something to do with Maddie's disappearance which is ridiculous and shows what sort of sick society we live in today.

an eye witness has seen someone carrying a child away,not maddie,that is not confirmed.

A holiday resort has many kids,mainly ones whose parents stay with their kids 24/7,what is to say there was another kid being carried by her father as kids that age don't particularly like walking all the time,especially that time of night,Still dodgy in my opinion.

Carrying a kid away in the same pajamas Maddie was wearing hidden under their coat at about 9.45 that night, you're right that hasn't been confirmed by the incompetent Portuguese Police.