Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Transfer Rumours

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
3praise - It's a coincidence that you used and highlighted that particular sentence as I notice the breed arrived in the UK just four years before Haringey Borough were formed in 1907, I'm still waiting for news on what Centenary celebrations will be taking place at Coles Park this year as there is nothing as yet on the Website. I have written a letter to the Tottenham Journal letters page, signing myself as a concerned Haringey resident, asking why my local Football Club is not celebrating its Centenary.

If the Club was formed in 1907, surely 2006/7 was its Centenery (100th) Season?

Horace - Well perhaps but that's probably being a little pernickety, all I'm asking is why aren't there any firm commitments in the diary for the summer in terms of celebration events, for example the Tottenham and Haringey carnival is coming up two weeks today, the Club could have easily included itself in that as it's attended by some 50,000 people and is second in the Country only to the Notting Hill Carnival in popularity.

RobbbieO - Strangely enough I was going to say something about the Luton Carnival which was sadly cancelled recently due to the weather but my understanding is that the Tottenham and Haringey Carnival is far more popular and better attended.

Football Man - Really, well you must surely be the only person in East and North London, and possibly West and South too, who hasn't then. It would be the perfect opportunity for Haringey Borough to have a stall and shake a collection tin under the noses of 50,000 people, if they all give 50p each that's a cool 25k towards improving the hallowed Coles Park turf.

Good point as I forgot for a moment there that I am no longer at the Club, otherwise I would have laid out for them out of my own pocket and it would have been 25k clear profit.

The collection 'tin' is still in the Coles Park 'boardroom' anyway as far as I'm aware, in the shape of an extremely large Carlsberg plastic bottle that I used to use to collect money on market days and for memorabilia money on matchdays.

Originally Posted By: Football Man
But this is the man who thinks he can sell out the Copthall Stadium at £10 a time for Kentish Town v Cockfosters!

So you admit that Cockfosters may not be accepted into the Premier Division next season.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
So you admit that Cockfosters may not be accepted into the Premier Division next season.

No, I was recalling a statement that you yourself made. The fact that Cockfosters are going to be in a higher division makes your comment sound even more stupid - unless you are anticipating a cup meeting?

Originally Posted By: Football Man
I don't ever remember seeing that. Did you make much memorabilia money on matchdays?

Yes it was in the corner by the door, you probably knew full well that it was there but avoided it like the plague as it was also used for donations. It depended who 'we' were playing and how many Officials they brought but I guess we made between £20 and £30 per game on average, the match Officials were regualrly our best customers and all applauded the idea of having memorabilia in the 'boardroom' unlike some people.

What sort of "memorabilia" that was saleable did you have on offer, Rhodes?