Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Biggleswade United - Robbie'O??

Robbie'O

According to the website the assistant has been appointed at United?? Whats he like any good?? Nick Burton i think? Will u be staying?? Will he bring players in from other clubs do u recon??? Interesting to find out who else applied??? Info anyone???

Part Time - what you say is true, and from what i have heard he will be joined by Dave Bullock. I dont know of any other applicants. I know for a fact Centre halfs and a creative Midfielder will be on the shopping list. I cant comment on my own position until i have spoken to Nick.

I used to be able to do both!

Unfortunately I have to pick a side by what size shorts they have at the moment!! Which leads me to think I may have to become a ref as I know Krooner must have XXL's....

Not sure really Robbie'o..... Dont know enough about the club... Think i said before on here that i watch all the local sides and so dont know the insides of any of them that well.... Normally promoting from within works at this level dependent mainly on how well the assistant gets on with existing players and how the shift of power occurred.. Was the old manager forced out by the new manager?? Will that create a situation where players loyal to the previous guy resent the new guy?? How much influence di this MR Burton have previously.. What sort of guy is he..?? Will he relish being able to do his own things?? Does he have his own players?? Has he been a manager before... There are so many questions that make every situation different.. One thing i spose i would say is im not sure what happened to spark it all.. Were the comittee not happy?? Seems strange as Biggleswade United have been doing so so well lately.... If they had been relegated then u may see the need for a clean slate.. You know better than me robbie'o.. But as i say above is my take on the matter although i would need to know the goings on inside the club better.....

There is a lot going on locally this summer... Bigg Town have a new ground on the way... Ampthill should have gone up but have established themselves as a forward club with a fantastic ground now... Langford also have new management.. AFC Kempston have gone up and are rumoured to have a few quid to chuck around.. St Neots have dosh the same as always... Then there is the slightly better teams.. Arlesey, Dunstable etc.... These are all bulding... And someone said to me Barton Rovers are signing every player under the sun at the moment on huuuuuge money so i think your new manager may have his work cut out to get the players in.... I guess it depends what he can tell them united can offer them??? And how persuasive he can be!!!!!!!!

Phew that turned into a rant but i hope i answered your question Robbie'o!!!!!!

Part Time - You must have been delighted at RobbieO's comprehensive reply to your post.

Originally Posted By: shyboy
part time-what makes you say ampthill should have gone up

Shyboy - They should have done, in Stuart Reynolds they had the second best striker in the Division and had excellent facilities that would have been a credit to the Premier Division.

HTFCew - Surely that's obvious and I'm surprised you wasted your time asking the question, Lee Scott played about half the games Reynolds did and was still only ten behind him, he would have probably got between 45 or 50 if he had played the whole season and we would have got promotion into the bargain.

rhodes they might have had the best striker in the division but they conceded too many goals. as the great brian clough said you have to defend properly first and foremost and the rest will follow.

Shyboy - Are you talking about Ampthill, the best striker in the division was Lee Scott by a country mile however Kentish Town didn't concede that many goals, not with Tom 'Beckenbaur' McMullen at the back.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
rhodes they might have had the best striker in the division but they conceded too many goals. as the great brian clough said you have to defend properly first and foremost and the rest will follow.

Shyboy - Are you talking about Ampthill, the best striker in the division was Lee Scott by a country mile however Kentish Town didn't concede that many goals, not with Tom 'Beckenbaur' McMullen at the back.

shyboy was saying that Ampthill conceded too many goals (33). You conceded 45, three times the total conceded by worthy champions Brimsdown.

Yes fair enough but my original point was that if we had had Lee Scott for the whole season we would have been worthy champions irrespective of how many goals we conceded, he tore Brimsdown apart in the only game he played against them in October and to be honest I wasn't overly impressed by them.