Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Dear-O-Dear

AFF

Well I'll start it off....<p>That was diabolical last night. Nearly, but not quite, as bad as Kingstonian.<p>Smith's dismissal. When Martin made the challenge, their guy went down with a double back-flip and pike and it looked bad. A little harsh to receive a yellow, but it did look bad. What was Smithy doing anywhere near the ball? Anywhere near the ref.? Perhaps he thought that a little light banter, or deeper phiposophical exchanges on the meaning of meaning with Mr Tingey might encourage the Official to change his mind? Committment? No. Stupidity. Red for Smith. <p>Only one person to blame for that one.<p>The Martin dismissal. Simon looked out of sorts last night, not entirely due to having to chase big hoofs [hooves?] from our defence all evening. That ball was running out of play, the defender shielded it as happens half-a-dozen times each game and Simon must have known that he wasn't going to get the ball when he made a very rash lunge at the thin air 7 inches from the line, 15 yards to the right of the goal. Committment? No. Stupidity. Red.<p>Only one person to blame for that one, too.<p>The can of cider thrown on the green bit. Hmmn. Cider. A possible modus operandi there, methinks. Circumstantial evidence that points to the Steward from Kingstonian. Very silly chaps.<p>Now that was a game that I would happily have been ejected from. No stewards, though.<p>Two very poor teams. The only class on display was Carl Binns, Richard Wilmot [his personal save of the season late in the second half] and Richard Goddard [the latter on the terraces] Quality.<p>It has to get better.

Very poor game last night. The Saints looked like they could sneak it in the first half but two stupid sending off's that could have been avoided ended all hopes of a victory.

Very disappointing that someone thought it necessary to throw a can of cider onto the pitch whilst the Hendon player was receiving treatment (although not sure why he needed it, as Simon Martin didn't touch him.)that sort of thing has no place in football, and I hope the culprit is suitably ashamed of himself this morning.

Whoever threw the can, should be ashamed on two counts:

1) No place for that sort of thing in football.

2) If he is going to throw something, how can you miss the target from so close!!!<p> grin.gif" border="0 <p>Poor game, shocking pitch, and the discipline from the two Saints players was non-existant.

From the Hendon point of view the two sendings off seemed to indicate extremely poor self-discipline and it looks like you Saints supporters agree. The ref was deeply in love with himself and he must have been in heaven with chances to dish out the yellows and reds. Your 5 should have gone near the end as well for hacking down Ricci Crace when the ball was already off for a throw. <p>By the way it's Dale Binns not Carl...

Hampton 1st game

Scuffle in bar with opposition supporters<p>Bedford away

One man pitch invasion. 2+ of the EFM ejected from ground. Police called.<p>Canvey Trophy

Various scuffles inside ground. Police called again. Bar shut as result of behavior.<p>Canvey away league

4 police vans outside ground<p>Kingston away

Drunnken behavior inside ground leading to 3+ ejections. Police called.<p>Hendon away

Can of drink thrown at player<p>All this and still to play Aldershot twice.<p>Are the club prepared to be brave and ban these individuals?

Yeah, you're big and brave coming on here anonymously aren't you!<p>1. Hampton - I was in the bar all evening and there was no scuffles at all.<p>2. Bedford - we had just scored and a fan got a little over-excited. Nothing more, nothing less.<p>3. Canvey in the trophy - the bar shutting and the police being called was total over-reaction.<p>4. Canvey away - four vans, no trouble. The vans being there purely because of unbelievable hysterical reaction on this website.<p>5. I wasn't at Kingstonian, but from what I can understand, once again there was an over-reaction to some harmless drinking on the terrace<p>6. Can't comment - wasn't at the game.<p>If EFM weren't at games there would be no atmosphere and no singing.

I'm amazed by your arrogance Mr Zeal(obviously your real name!)<p>I think the problem is that the EFM guys think they are bigger than the Club! <p>Nobody is bigger than the Club!<p>I'm seriously thinking of not going to the Aldershot games! I don't want to see trouble of any kind at any game which City are playing.

I see that one knob fom Aldershot has already been on here this morning stirring it! <p>Enough is enough, sort it out please Mr Gibson!

We don't think we're bigger than the club, Mr Angry (obviously your real name)<p>I have never seen anything more than drunken exuberance at games, and certainly never any violence. But from some people's postings on here, you'd think that we were Non-League's version of the Chelsea Head-Hunters.<p>Mr Gibson has already spoken to us about a number of things, and his main concern was the bad language.<p>Mr Angry, if you can come up with any serious complaint about EFM's behaviour then please post it on here. Beacuse getting drunk and having a bit of a harmless laugh is not cause for trying to get geniune fans banned from the ground.

Here's my view:<p>1. Hampton - can't comment wasn't there! I know about the alledged incident though and the Hampton boys that were involved are now attatched to Gravesend (they follow a player - one of there mates) and had a drink and a laugh with the EFM boys after the Gravesend game, no ill feeling there, from what i gather it was handbags just like we see on the pitch every Saturday<p>2. Bedford - Again wasn't there! But St.Albans fans have been pitch invading for as long as I can remember (Telford in 1992 that was passion so was Bedford) Don't know why the police were called, over-reaction again.<p>3. Canvey trophy - NO scuffles in the ground, usual over handed stewards and Canvey fans baiting us, bar closed another over-reaction<p>4. Canvey leauge - Ditto<p>5. Kingstonian - Enough said about this already, I think 99% of people on here agreed that it was well OTT by the K's<p>6. Last night - Cider incident regretted, won't happen again, can't say too much more really.<p>To conclude it's pretty obvious that we all get a bit over excited from time to time. The problem with non-leauge football is it's full of people watching this local football but are supporters of leauge teams, at EFM our only team is the saints therefore we are feircely passionate. There has never been any scuffles in any ground which frankly is amazing considing some of the abuse we have to put up with, we have twice had to put up with canvey supporters invading our end mocking us because there team is beating us and not one incident. If the OTT stewards want to call the police thats up to them, if there is no incident (as there never has been) I see this as wasting police time. It's funny that the only clubs with OTT stewards have had over these so called incidents (Canvey & Kingstonian)<p>We are passionate, we love the club that's why we are noisy, you may want to stand and moan to yourselves. It's not a social club for sad old men it's a football club for a wide spectrum of supporters

We are not thugs, we have never started trouble or got involved in any.

No EFM, No Atmosphere!

In reply to Mr Angry!<p>The Aldershot knob is one of our supporters having a laugh (not EFM, i may add)<p>There will be no trouble at Aldershot jusat like the previous 6 times we have played them.<p>Last nights incident has already been regretted, as far I can can see this is the only thing that the club can have a complaint about EVER as far as EFM are concerned and I can assure the club it won't happen again!

I seem to remember there was a bit of bovver at last seasons home game v Aldershot! <p>But I expect it was just harmless fun wasn't it!!<p>England's Fastest Movers!!

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr> I seem to remember there was a bit of bovver at last seasons home game v Aldershot!

But I expect it was just harmless fun wasn't it!!<p>England's Fastest Movers!!

<hr></blockquote><p>

From that comment, Mr Angry, I think you're suggesting that we should have hung around and got stuck in fighting, rather than removing ourselves from a potentially nasty situation like we did.<p>Surely you're not condoning violence now, are you???

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>There will be no trouble at Aldershot just at like the previous 6 times we have played them <hr></blockquote><p>I think someone's got a short memory. Wasn't one of your lot ejected at Aldershot last season or was it the season before? And if I'm not mistaken wasn't the same person thrown out at the Trophy game at Chester last season, not forgetting his involvement in the recent incident at Kingstonian? Do yourselves a favour lads, unload him and his sidekick and perhaps we can get on with the football.

So much for the quality of the football!<p>As far as The Firm is concerned, I consider that there should be no recriminations for Chester and Aldershot last season, Bedford, Canvey or Kingstonian this year. Dealt with on the day, End of story.<p>Trev is right. You can't ban someone because they might be a member of a group of young, good-looking lads [don't forget, I'm an honorary member] who have a different approach to a night out than you.<p>However. Throwing anything on to the pitch takes it to a very different level. If a culprit is identified, and I can't think of an excuse, and if it were my decision, a one month ban would be an appropriate punishment and warning for a first offence. We don't need it, and we can't afford to be seen to be ignoring it.<p>As far as the language is concerned, good luck to The Chairman with that one. I have made the same point before. However, King Canute comes to mind.<p>Oh, by the way. The football was cr*p last night.