Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

the f a cup. draw.

The Slayer

Originally Posted By: Gazza
Originally Posted By: Steph
I can confirm Coup is correct

From the FA web site

Clubs accepted for the FA cup

Ely City

Enfield - removed

Enfield Town

Epsom & Ewell

Written with an unhealthy amount of glee there Stephanie old bean!

If this is true, its a shame, when will the FA learn?, they know the circumstances and reasons behind such teams like Enfield find themselves in & stop them participating in a possible money spinning competition.

Can they appeal? oh & does this mean we could end up playing Brimsdown? That will be a record crowd breaker then!

I have to disagree with you there Gazza. Why should a club be rewarded for writing off its debts?

Fully appreciate your point, however none of the debts were incurred by the present regime, so I believe & yes I know they knew what they were taking on but without their's or someones intervention the club would have died.

So exactly what does not letting the club participate achieve?

Fully appreciate your point, however none of the debts were incurred by the present regime, so I believe & yes I know they knew what they were taking on but without their's or someones intervention the club would have died.

The present regime will still be using the name of Enfield and will, I presume, still be claiming the history of that once great club. why are they using the name Enfield? They don't play there. If the directors wanted to form a new club then why not call it Ware Athletic and create some rivalry with Ware FC. Surely that would be in keeping with the area in which they play. This whole thing is a farce. EFC still exist, minus their debts and have only dropped one level to a level they were playing at only a couple of seasons ago. The likelyhood is that they will gain promotion back to the Ryman league in the next couple of seasons using the name Enfield FC. Now someone tell me that is fair and just!

They have followed & adhered to every rule set out so the final name, position in league etc must be fair & just no?

How about Leeds United, Rotherham etc etc they have all followed the guidelines & rules set out as well, what each individual may see as fair & just may not be to another, I mean I dont think its fair that Richard Branson & other multi millionaires gets the same child allowence as me......I mean whats that all about? Im sure that £14:00 or whatever it is a week makes all the diffrence to him!!

I agree with Happy, but it is the system that is wrong. You can't really blame anyone for doing what the system allows, or in fact encourages. But I think the assetts should have been disposed of to go towards paying the creditors, and presumably the player's registrations are the only real assett in this case? So it could be that a brand new club is getting an unfair advantage over other ESL clubs by acquiring assetts for nothing.

As for the FA, I'm stil not clear aboput the whys and wherefores of this case, but I hope the FA are being consistent and are applying whatever their rules are: if the rules are unjust they should be changed, not flouted.

As for EFC, they no longer exist, they have ceased to be. Enfield (1893) is not EFC.

They have followed & adhered to every rule set out so the final name, position in league etc must be fair & just no?

How about Leeds United, Rotherham etc etc they have all followed the guidelines & rules set out as well, what each individual may see as fair & just may not be to another, I mean I dont think its fair that Richard Branson & other multi millionaires gets the same child allowence as me......I mean whats that all about? Im sure that £14:00 or whatever it is a week makes all the diffrence to him!!

Leeds went into administration but their creditors accepted the deal offered by Bates (still think they should lose 10 points at the start of next season). Don't know the situation re Rotherham. the club we all followed is dead. However, the new club will continue to trade under the name of EFC and take over its history. to my mind this is all wrong.

We will have to agree to disagree on this one Gazza my friend.

It all depends on how far a club can/is forced to remove itself from the orignal club and still be regarded as the same entity.Clubs such as MK Dons & Enfield 1893 share many similarites, as both clubs moved out of the area they represented and as a result lost virtually all there fanbase, infrastucture and team.The names of both clubs have changed as well.Do people see them as the same clubs?Not many.Do they see themselves as the same club?Yes.

MK retain Wimbledons history because the franchise was continous.Can 1893 retain EFC's History (if not the honours board..etc) as they are technically a new fledgling club ,even if they regard themselves as the same club?Maybe it rests on something as simple as reaching an agreement with the liquidators.Leeds Fc did.EFC did not.

Saying all that,Aldershot 1992 soon dropped the 1992 and retain the old club history.Not sure if the curcumstances are the same though.

Originally Posted By: Mr Happy
.....We will have to agree to disagree on this one Gazza my friend.

My uncle Harry was a self employed plumber who use to declare himself bankrupt about every five years as I recall (he was a very dodgy bloke, the sort of family member you deny to being a part of!) so does that mean he ceased to exist & was not my uncle Harry anymore?? biglaugh biglaugh biglaugh

" However, the new club will continue to trade under the name of EFC and take over its history. to my mind this is all wrong."

Of course it's still our history you must be off your rocker to think it's not. Same people, same fans, same ground. And it's the same team! If it was the only way to make a clean start for the club, to put a number in the name..it's still the same to me.

cor blimey...does no one read/listen...?

its got nothing to do with the insolvency/name change...you missed the deadline...simple as that...

forward planning is the key... grin

Originally Posted By: Mr Happy

The present regime will still be using the name of Enfield and will, I presume, still be claiming the history of that once great club. why are they using the name Enfield? They don't play there. If the directors wanted to form a new club then why not call it Ware Athletic and create some rivalry with Ware FC. Surely that would be in keeping with the area in which they play. This whole thing is a farce. EFC still exist, minus their debts and have only dropped one level to a level they were playing at only a couple of seasons ago. The likelyhood is that they will gain promotion back to the Ryman league in the next couple of seasons using the name Enfield FC. Now someone tell me that is fair and just!
Your quite a sad little man arent you Mr Happy ,Last week you ranted about a 10 point deduction ,When Steve reads pitiful dross like this its no wonder he wants nothing to do with people like you . It wont change until people like you get off your ego trip ,Like I said before most town fans I have no problem with Just stirrers like you and Steph .

Originally Posted By: football fanatic

" However, the new club will continue to trade under the name of EFC and take over its history. to my mind this is all wrong."

Of course it's still our history you must be off your rocker to think it's not. Same people, same fans, same ground. And it's the same team! If it was the only way to make a clean start for the club, to put a number in the name..it's still the same to me.

When ETFC was formed we had the same fans as EFC.We had the same people.We continued to play in Enfield..etc.So by your definition we were the same club with just a small change of name and badge??
What we personally feel to be the truer bloodline is mearly conjecture.The fact is that we are both new clubs formed by EFC supporters and will try to maintain as much of the old club as we can in terms of tradition,name,colours..etc.