Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Horley Town

Good old cut and paste from Horleys website

Due to indifferences that could not be resolved the Chairman has decided to let Lawrence Geary go, and will actively be looking for a new Manager during the next week

We will be looking for someone who will be committed, a good motivator and communicator and who knows the game well. Someone with experience in step 4 or 5 is preferred but not essential.

email: mario@eyetech.me.uk to register your interest, or call me on my mobile: 07803 256395

HORLEY TOWN FC INVITE APPLICANTS FOR THE POSITION OF

1ST TEAM FOOTBALL MANAGER FOR SEASON 2007/08

PLEASE APPLY IN WRITING OR EMAIL INCLUDING PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE.

To: THE CHAIRMAN HORLEY TOWN FC

MARIO RENOU

EYETECH (CLM) LTD

2 TROWERS WAY, REDHILL, SURREY RH1 2LH

email: mario@eyetech.me.uk mobile: 07803 256395

A text message was used to sack Horley Town manager Lawrence Geary after three years' service at the recently-promoted Combined Counties Premier Division club, he claims.

Geary got the news that his services were no longer required by chairman Mario Renou last Sunday.

"We had a manager's meeting as per normal on Saturday," said Geary," and next thing I know I get a text message on Sunday saying I've been sacked. I'm a bit shell shocked."

His tenure has seen the club win promotion after relegation - due to the state of the ground, says Geary - as well as being placed seventh and fifth in the league.

Geary added: "I was brought in to get results and I thought I got them."

The deposed ex-manager later got confirmation his reign was over in a video message. He said. "I haven't had the reasons why yet but I feel I had a good innings at the club."

However, chairman Renou says the move was not a shock to Geary and blamed it on unreconcilable differences over player development.

"I decided Lawrence was not doing what was best for Horley Town FC," said Renou. "I felt the differences between us could not be resolved and felt we needed a clean break with the manager.

"I had to face the situation. We are a club of many teams, and I felt not enough players were coming through and getting their chance to play for the first-team.

"We are a community club and too many players were coming in from the outside."

The decision's timing was not accidental, added Renou. "It was a simple decision after a review of last year and better to make the break now rather than in the middle of the season."

And despite news of the vacancy only being revealed to Geary at the weekend, Renou said on Monday morning he had already had several approaches to fill the job.

"We will be looking for someone who will be committed, a good motivator and communicator,” the chairman added.

I heard a very interesting 'rumour' in the Meadowbank bar last night that Manangers interviews for Horley Town were being held yesterday evening.

A couple of interesting applicants, allegedly !

Well, you know how fickle rumours can be in Non-League, but I was told that two people known to this League were down there last night for the Gaffers job !

Heard at the Meadowbank trials yesterday afternoon that the interviews were yesterday afternoon.

Some interesting applicants by all account.

(Oh, these fickle rumours !)

23 trialists put through a gruelling two hour training session yesterday afternoon, although I believe there are a further four or five on the shortlist who were unable to make yesterday due to work commitments.

Hi HTFC SUPPORTER !

So - No news yet, then ?

We all wait with baited breath !

Please do HTFC.

There is a certain interest at DFC !

Originally Posted By: Lightning McQueen
As subtle as a brick BJR, it doesn't take a genius to know what you're implying. If the person in question does get the job it will make your game against Horley very interesting, the question is will they be aloud in the bar afterwards!

..... allegedly !

Allegedly or not, we still know what you are implying and due to the fact that you are always the last person to post on most of the topics on this forum proves that you have far too much time on your hands and that there aren´t too many people truly interested in what you have to say for yourself.

When the whole ´parkboy´ topic was hot you were bang against sh1t stirring but it now seems you might have learnt a thing or 2 from him. Time will tell I suppose and if someone wishes to apply for a vacant managers position then good luck to them no matter where they were previously employed...