Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Broxborn Boro FC

Originally Posted By: Bitch
I'm always the bridesmaid and never the bride

Bitch - Not as far as I'm concerned you're not, hopefully I'll get a chance to prove it to you on Friday

Yes I thought that, I certainly wouldn't kick you out of bed.

You're welcome, I just wish that I hadn't missed the boat.

We wished you hadn't, especially if it was a one way ticket to Siberia!

• 1 month later...

I'm surprised more members haven't commented on Tring Athletic's surprise 3-0 win on Saturday which for me was the result of the day other than Sport London e Benfica's narrow defeat to Hoddesdon, I didn't know that Saf06 was now back at Goffs Lane:

Following Athletic's great win in midweek another solid hardworking performance saw them come away 3–0 winners at Broxbourne Borough, even though they played most of the second half with ten men. Athletic had to make one change to their midweek game, Danny Gray coming in for the unavailable Ian Wilkinson. The game was played at a sensible pace as conditions were hot and sultry. Athletic were the first to create a chance following a Greg Shaw free kick, which found Danny Gray forcing home keeper Stevenson to push the ball away for a corner. In the 12th minute Athletic deservedly took the lead. Following a move down the right, the ball was played to Vinnie Iannone whose deft touch wrong footed the home sides defenders, he squared the ball to Ali Thornley , however he miskicked but luckily the ball fell nicely to Danny Gray who fired sweetly into the net. Athletic continued to push forward at every opportunity. In the 22nd minute Athletic were fortunate not to concede a goal. From a corner, Athletic who had several chances to clear the danger, could only give away another corner, but this time the ball was heading for goal, however Kerry Gordon was well placed to head clear. Athletic were playing well, getting behind the ball when necessary and were clearly frustrating the home side. Broxbourne were trying their utmost to level the score but it was Athletic whose efforts were rewarded. A David Whicker free kick was floated in and big defender Paul Aldridge powered in a header giving Stevenson in the home goal no chance.

The start of the second half saw Broxbourne make two changes. Their numbers 9, Matt Kearney, and 6 Michael Noble making way for Saf Pivano and Lee Teagle. Saf Pivano along with Bradley Drisdale, both playing wide, were quick and tricky players giving Athletics defenders problems throughout the second half. In the 54th minute the first really bad tackle of the game was committed on Athletics impressive Steve Hutchins, which quite rightly earned Tony Nichola a yellow card. Just 4 minutes later, and rightly so, saw the referee show a straight red card to Athletics David Whicker for a cynical tackle. It had not been a bad game, the referee and his assistants were controlling the game well and of course this now would leave Athletic with most of the second half with 10 men. Amongst the melee following the foul however a Broxbourne player could easily have also been sent off for clearly manhandling an Athletic player. The game settled back down and in the 70th minute Athletic brought on Trevor Gibbs for his first competitive game for a year following knee surgery, Greg Shaw making way for him. Just 3 minutes later he impacted on the game. A quick throw to him from keeper Craig Ringsell saw Gibbs run virtually the length of the pitch pursued by Bates, who was struggling to keep with him and ended up tripping Gibbs in the area for one of the most obvious of penalties you will probably see this season. Steve Hutchins stepped up and coolly sent keeper Stevenson the wrong way. In the 82nd minute Phil Otum, who had earlier come on for Danny Gray, was well positioned to clear off Athletics line following a Broxbourne corner. Athletic battled well with ten men, everyone working hard in the difficult hot conditions and fully deserved their win, especially as they played an extra 7 minutes injury time following a facial injury to keeper Craig Ringsell. Athletics supporters I am sure are looking forward to their next game although captain David Foskett will be away now for two weeks.