Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Confirmation - 2 x Prediction Leagues 2007/8

Cookie

How did I know someone would ask!! wink Surely you can have more points but a worse goal difference than another can you not?

To be honest Peter I put in the results & the computer does the rest & works it all out.Don't forget that if you DON'T get the result right(i.e home,win or draw) you LOSE 2 points. Maybe that would account for it. If you want me to forward to you the points system I can do.Actually I think I posted them once somewhere didn't I? Anyway maybe thats the reason.

I think maybe you should ignore the goal difference (as its highly unlikely that will decide anything anyway). Just look at the points totals rather than the goal difference. It'll be right!

Hope that helps!

Thanks for the reply Cookie - have delved into the site & found exactly how the points are awarded.

(just in case anyone else is curious)

0 Points for predicting the correct number of goals by at least one team.

1 Points for predicting the correct number of goals for the home team.

2 Points for predicting the correct number of goals for the away team.

5 Points for a correct score. i.e. you predict 3-1 and the result is 3-1.

1 Point for a correct result You predict 1-1, the score is 2-2.

-2 Points for a incorrect result. i.e. you predict 3-1 and the result is 1-3.

Similar to the above(thank you Peter)& I apologise I HADN'T posted the scoring system previously as thought.

I think you'll find this even SIMPLER to understand.

How you score (official)

Correct home score 1 pt----You predict home goals ? & you are correct

Correct away score 2 pts----You predict away goals ? & you are correct

Correct result 1 pt----You predict Home,Draw or Away & you are correct

Correct score 5 pts----You predict 1-0 2-1,3-0 etc etc & you are correct

Incorrect result -(minus) 2 pts----You fail to correctly predict the RESULT i.e Home,Draw or Away

Monthly Winner----- 8 pts----Points awarded to the monthly winner

Peter its a fix anyway, did you notice how I slide down the table, looking at the predictions I got everyone right (of course) and some how I am not top

I dont like to point fingers but I believe Cookie is taking back handers biglaugh

Okay,I have been doing some checking & working out certain aspects of this in readiness for Saturdays BIG KICK OFF!

I have cleared the recent "practice" league & will be putting up the PREMIERSHIP games this weekend as a starter for the seasons prediction league "proper". They may be up later today.Keep your eyes peeled!!

The F & A columns show you your points gained & points lost.As you go through the season it will accumalate those points won & points lost & the figures you see will be those accumalated points either won or lost. Hope that clears that one up.

Pagey,I take offence to your in "insinerations", as Honey would say in Eastenders l.o.l.

Its okay, I know you are fooling around.(You bitch)! wink "Backhanders" indeed. I owe YOU one of those now laugh wink

May the best man or woman win!

Don't fret, if I DID win I would give the shirt(or ANY prize)to whoever came second anyway as I am not one for wearing football shirts.

Further to the above "official" points system there will be a "default" score prediction.

Default score

This will be a 2-2 score prediction given to you for each & every game you might forget to predict for. It wont show up but it WILL be the score that is used to calculate any points won or lost as your "default" score should you not,as I say predict for a match or matches.

Of course you might forget to predict, get 2-2 scores for every game & they all end up as 2-2 draws. Lucky lucky you in that case.

I see you managed to predict.As others are managing to do also. Thank you & good luck.(These teething problems eh?)

All working well now so HERE WE GO for REALthis time!

For any others thinking of joining in you have until the first kick-off time on Saturday 12-45 pm to do so & predict.

After that time it will be LOCKED to avoid latecomers.So join in soon & get predicting.

Please remember the other prediction league too if you haven't joined. Thats prediction league (2) where you predict the finishing order of the Ryman Premier teams come the end of the season. E.Mail me on teecookie@ceecookie.freeserve.co.uk with your predictions if you still wish to enter that league. Just the ONE prediction required with that league but do so before NEXT Saturday 18th August 2007 before 3pm on that day.

For those that are fed up with me pushing these 2 leagues be assured once BOTH are under way I will quieten down a lot!

I promise! (famous last words eh!) laugh laugh

Originally Posted By: Taffy_Alan
I will give this a crack this year, forgot last year. Plus you need someone to hold the rest up smile

Clear off Alan, holding the rest up is my job for the season, why else would I have put flying pigs as my avatar. devil

Originally Posted By: AncientBlue
Originally Posted By: Taffy_Alan
I will give this a crack this year, forgot last year. Plus you need someone to hold the rest up smile

Clear off Alan, holding the rest up is my job for the season, why else would I have put flying pigs as my avatar. devil

Shame nobody can see Alan's avatar though about time he updated his profile.

coolsmoke

Pagey, "Should the game be locked. In a locked game only an admin user can create users".(as per rules)

Therefore please log on to the prediction league & "message" to me his name & e.mail address please.

Once the league is "locked" new users CAN still enter but only by the acceptance of admin (me in this case)."

Once I have his details I'll enter him in(late starter).

N.B Those that forget to predict are seemingly getting allocated "nothing" for those games missed. So thats how it will be for those forgetting to predict,& not as previously mentioned given a default score.Those with no predictions but who have joined will not be shown in the league table but (NB) they are still able to predict the next week & thereafter.

For any others who wish to join in "late" please do as I have mentioned for Pagey to do & message me with your e.mail address & name.(p.m will do).Late-comers are still welcome.