Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Billericay 1-1 Chelmsford

Simon BTFC

"With Respect BC. I know you can't make it to games for your own reasons but we were at the game and we saw the numbers".

Not so much "my own reasons" BB, as the bloody 520 miles between Aberdeen and Melbourne Park.

With regard to the rest of your posting - pretty spot on I would say (bloody hell, my balls don't half ache!)

"Both keepers had to make saves, despite those rose coloured glasses that PF wears..."

Your comment about my preferred form of spectacles appears to be somewhat superfluous given that I posted the following in this string about nine hours earlier:

I can't remember the save to which you make reference but I am of course willing to put that down to my lack of attention.

"must be standard issue from the comments that were being made in the main stand by some of 'em..."

Which is, sans dout, Gazzaspeak for "Some individuals who appeared to support Chelmsford City made comments with which I cannot agree...."

Originally Posted By: Ryan.c
From the Evening Echo:

"....but Billericay responded well with Hodges forcing Gay to a good save prior to the equaliser."

Is the Echo one up or one down from the Hospital radio station that covers your games Ryan?....you should try to get the BBC to cover one of your games grin...oops sorry they are always at Chelmo laugh

You shouldn't believe all you read in the papers dear chap, they tend to make it up you know biglaugh

How typical...if it don't come from Chelmsford, it must be "village" or "hospital"...LF, you do your intelligence a grave diservice...

"You shouldn't believe all you read in the papers dear chap, they tend to make it up you know"

I can only assume that the Gazzette and Non League Chelmo match reports are works of fiction as well...

Originally Posted By: Localfan
....you should try to get the BBC to cover one of your games grin...oops sorry they are always at Chelmo

Looks like BBC Essex have dumped you this season though LF. No more dedicated Chelmo pages. Seems that they too were merely "glory hunters" who bored easily once it became evident that BFJ's Canvey rejects weren't quite the "dead certs for promotion" they'd been led to believe.

Equal coverage for all Ryman Prem & Blue Square teams. Still, it's only fair.

Originally Posted By: peter fosterb

which is, sans dout, Gazzaspeak for "Some individuals who appeared to support Chelmsford City made comments with which I cannot agree...."

sans doute Peter, not sans dout. You can't fool us into thinking that you are intelligent.

The Echo also reported:

"in which Billericay continued to hold the Indian sign over former Canvey boss Jeff King's Clarets, who have now failed to beat Matt Jones's side in four attempts over the past two seasons."

I guess some of us don't want to believe what we read in the papers!

The Indian sign? we are the better side, Chelmsford couldn't beat us when they were a goal up and we had Ten men for an hour.

I do think Chelmsford are real title contenders, but they will have to improve significantly on last season if they are to win out right, as will we.

We already have 2 points more than we managed in our first six games of last season, and if we don't let complacency get the better of us now and again, which was our downfall last season, then we have a great chance of being promoted as champions.

Originally Posted By: GazzaBTFC
How typical...if it don't come from Chelmsford, it must be "village" or "hospital"...LF, you do your intelligence a grave diservice...

"You shouldn't believe all you read in the papers dear chap, they tend to make it up you know"

I can only assume that the Gazzette and Non League Chelmo match reports are works of fiction as well...

...and LF slapped accordingly. No, I generally find the local papers are pretty poor. No great fan of the Chronicle, although the Weekly News is somewhat more acturate on the back page, but from the same stable!!

Quote:
Looks like BBC Essex have dumped you this season though LF. No more dedicated Chelmo pages. Seems that they too were merely "glory hunters" who bored easily once it became evident that BFJ's Canvey rejects weren't quite the "dead certs for promotion" they'd been led to believe.

No RIK, the BBC have been at both games with the usual vehicle, more equipment and this season so far, TWO reporters instead of one. (at the Maidstone match we had BBC Kent as well). I stood by the press box for a while and the kent lot were raving about Chelmsford performance...........

Gary, loved the theme tune for 'joe 90' by the way dedicated to the Chelmsford fans....nice and amusing touch grin

Originally Posted By: Ryan.c
Actually, Isthmian site has it 1073.

You wouldn't be overstating your attendances would you?
An old trick used at C***** by a certain regime that one.

Overstating our attendances? - the very thought.

Our 2 home games to date have drawn crowds of 1,007 and 1,140, an exact average of 1,073.5
We accountants (as well as another) tend to round up at 0.5 and above, (whilst Mr Turvey on the Ryman site has obviously rounded down - but we know what HE'S like with figures don't we.)

Well, there were mutterings from the Maidstone faithful and from your own that the attendances didn't seem quite as big as stated. Not that I'd know of course, just going by what people post on these forums.

By the way, these posters haven't been seen since. I hope nothing has happened to them for not towing the party lie - sorry, that should be line!