Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Billericay 1-1 Chelmsford

Simon BTFC

??? LF

The question put by Sargon was how will we cope - There was no mention of how we financially view a particular game.

What I would say is Billericay Town Fc has been in the entertainment business for 127 years, Seasons come and go, opposition come and go, Players come and go, Chairman come and go, we are all but mere visitors, we come, we stay a while, and we go, the One constant is the Club.

My wry smile at the fixture list was when I looked and thought - thers another 4 points at least.

If this game were all about money and budget, you lot would have been Champions last year....;=)

Originally Posted By: Localfan
So TC are you saying as the owner of a football club, that a good 1.5 k gate, bar receipts, burger cash returns, all the extra lottery tickets sold, doesn't help to balance the books, and make things just a bit easier for an owner???....and you don't just cross your fingers and hope that AFC and Chelmo get motivated enough to bring a fair few bods?

No....???

(even in the connie south the gates are not that good!, and the question above has no inference on how you would cope on promotion as I have no doubt you would)

....and as the owner of a football club when the fixtures came out you didn't have a wry smile that you'd got Chelmo on a bank holiday with a possible gate of 1500, or would you have prefered Leyton????????

Avoided??

Well they were very difficult questions, but I'll give it a go.

Extra money is Extra money, that would be over and above the books balancing money, so the answered is: no it doesn't help balance the books, but its always a welcome addition.

No - I don't sit there fingers crossed that the Chelmo will tun up.

Wry smile - see posting above.

Chill out LF...its only f.o.o.t.b.a.l.l

A few good points IMO...the games we look for,first,are Chelmo,Dons,Ricay in that order because for us they are our biggest pay day....the point is neither Chelmo nor Dons look at fixtures in quite the same way.Though despite what is said here Ricay do.You only have to look at Margate,similar in size to Ricay,(although gate wise slighltly bigger)bemoaning the lost revenue because of a mid week game v Dons.

So get real your average attendence without those 2 games is 150-200 less,over a season, and you know it!...and to prented that it doesn't matter is just ridiculous.

Tee hee....TC,

Quote:
Chill out LF...its only f.o.o.t.b.a.l.l

Only football, come on TC pull the other one, if it was only F.o.o.t.b.a.l.l. as a businessman you wouldn't touch it with a barge poll...... smile

A bit more of a passion TC....... grin

Edit: ..and I might add how glad we are all are that business men around the league do have that passion for a club!!!!!!

Sargon,

it doesn't matter if your Billericay, AFC wombles, Chelmsford, or anyone at this level, we, the fans, are dependant on the board/ owner to have deep pockets......

So its a passion, not a business decision, and a big gate just helps to cushion the pain for those involved.....so it is obvious that, without saying ( but i thought i'd ask in any event :)), TC would have been glad of a good turn out on Monday by fans on both sides......

A considerable increase this season on the Chelmo gates of say 200 makes a big difference to such stuff as ground improvements etc......

..O.K..LF spend what you haven't got,history at this level tells us what happens to clubs that do that,its happend enough times and,sadly,will continue to happen.

What you are left with at the end of the day if I may be so bold is Melborne Park and not New Writtle Street....and youre club is one of the lucky ones.

Many went under.