Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Rugby World Cup

Not long till this kicks off now and really looking forward to it.

Am hoping England do well, though from the warm ups am not sure they are quite up to it this time round.

I have a feeling one of the island teams will cause a shock and am tipping the argie bargies to do well to.

Have of course set up a prediction league for it at Rugby World Cup Prediction League, feel free to join in. Free and for fun as usual.

My personal tip for winner is the All Blacks ( playing it safe eek ). Might change that as tournament goes by.

Any rugby fans here with tips / opinions ?

The problem for England is that they have to finish first in their group.

If they finish second, they are likely to face Australia in the second stage...unless Wales beat the Aussies, which is as likely as Rhodes posting a one word answer.

England v South Africa, is therefore a crunch game, the winners seemingly having a clear path to meet France in the Semis, the losers having to beat Australia then New Zealand to reach the final !

I agree with the South African game being the crunch in that group. Especially as historically no team has won the cup and lost a group game...I can't see Wales winning that match either..!

I think the opening game will be really interesting too, seeing how the Argies seem to like playing the French! Could be a potential shock.

Just watching the South Africa v Samoa game and was wondering if anyone could explain the rule about not passing the ball forward?

In my day it meant you couldn't pass the ball forward from hand, but 3 of South Afica's tries have had clear forward passes in their build up. Can someone please tell the ref he has a whistle?

Didn't see that game.

Spent the week in Ireland, not the most fun watching England get shut out against S.Africa....but my team of the world cup "Georgia" the Dublin pub went very quiet on 77mins when they went to the video ref!

England look awful at the moment and I fear for us against the Islanders now.

My current favourite for the win is now New Zealand, as despite the S.A shut out thought their forward line not a good as I thought it would be.

• 3 weeks later...

er no,we just needed to realise that the aussies are going through a bad patch like us.

Everyone talks about the english not recovering from 03,the aussies still have nightmarea about 03.

We are and have been better than australia since 1999,we can beat the french and have done since 1998(although on their day they can be as formidable as anyone)

New Zealand(will always smash us)

Argentina

(these boys are very very big,massive pack,we can beat

South africa(not sure if we can beat them,strong,but if we are to beat them it will be under pressure and we will score 0 tries!

• 2 weeks later...