Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

merstham v dorking

merstham v dorking,

top v bottom, two games, league and cup,

merstham g.d. + 23 dorking g.d. - 12

Funny old game football, Chicks to win the away league game, draw in the cup and win the replay.

Merstham budget = NASA

Dorking budget = NADA

Dorking the pride of the Home counties, Merstham, small team from Redhill.

There is a match report on the DFC site.

I think the result could have been far worse for Dorking considering Merstham's current form !

two months ago from the dorking ad

Aug 8 2007

By Daniel Jones

BUOYED by several impressive pre-season displays, Dorking boss Tony Webb believes a top-six finish is not beyond his team this season.

Following a turbulent summer, the Meadowbank club kick-off their Combined Counties Premier Division campaign on Saturday with a tricky fixture away at Reading Town.

During the close season Chicks' fans have watched aghast as their club faced possible eviction, a failed take-over bid and a change of manager.

However, Webb now believes that everyone connected with the club can put the summer madness behind them and look forward to a successful season.

"Things have gone better than we could have expected since we took charge," said Webb, who has overseen a run of five consecutive friendlies without conceding a goal.

"We are definitely not getting carried away. You can only really tell exactly where you are once the season has started properly, but I'm certainly happy with the attitude and efforts of my players.

"We've got a squad of 22 and everyone is fighting for a place in the starting 11, but there has been no moaning when people have been left on the bench or anything like that. The players have just got on with things in exactly the right manner."

Since taking the reins from last year's manager Steve Lunn, Webb has quickly assembled a squad of players that he believes will challenge at the right end of the division.

"It is still very much a rebuilding season for us but having seen the guys perform over the past few weeks I would like to think that we can push for a top six finish.

"We have been impressive in pre-season and while I'm not going to come out and say 'we are going to win the league' or anything like that, I am very positive about what we can achieve this season."

Webb has used all his experience of the non-league scene to assemble the new look Chicks line-up.

"Of the team who beat Slough on Saturday only Kev Terry was here last season," said Webb."I'm pleased to have kept hold of him as I thought he was Dorking's outstanding player last term."

While insisting the whole squad has been impressive to date,Webb picked out former Tooting & Mitcham midfielder Andy Morris and Croydon defender Andy Young for particular praise.

"Those two have been excellent for us in pre-season," he said. "They're both experienced players and have added a lot to the team.

"Another one who has done well is my brother Nigel. He was with the club last year but didn't get much of a chance to play. At his age he needs to be playing regularly and we've really benefited from that."

Good old Dorking ad out tomorrow, any chance of a few questions having been asked?