Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

What a load of FA tosh.

Krooner

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7023193.stm

I enjoy chatting to players through the game. I they going to stop me doing that. Also the worse culprits are the Premiership players but it is only "Grass Roots" where it will be tried so that the over paid prima donnas in the top flight can continue to harrang the referee without any fear of reprisals. Why not trail it in the Premiership and feed it down if it works ?

You see pro players every week swearing at both ref and linos about decisions that a lot of the time are right, but they do little or nothing.Once you've sent a few off they will soon get the message that they can't do it and it will filter down the leagues just as everything else does.

I disagree Swoonie. If the Premier refs started doing it they would get thrown off because the FA do not back them up. Top football is run by the clubs. We need the FA to show some balls and start dishing out some real bans and points deductions.

Originally Posted By: Krooner
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7023193.stm

I enjoy chatting to players through the game. I they going to stop me doing that. Also the worse culprits are the Premiership players but it is only "Grass Roots" where it will be tried so that the over paid prima donnas in the top flight can continue to harrang the referee without any fear of reprisals. Why not trail it in the Premiership and feed it down if it works ?

Shame there isn't more officials like you then Kroons. Far too many don't talk to players or explain their actions which just fans the flames. I find the ones that do get more respect from players. Players are no better mind (myself included) and I certainly think lessons can be learnt from Rugby where the refs only really talk to the captains and don't take any back chat without punishing it.
I agree with you Kroons in this sort of thing should be tried at premiership level first then downwards. If the pros don't get away with it, then it will certainly make others think, especially in the younger age groups etc.

Originally Posted By: Krooner
I disagree Swoonie. If the Premier refs started doing it they would get thrown off because the FA do not back them up. Top football is run by the clubs. We need the FA to show some balls and start dishing out some real bans and points deductions.

I agreee that they would probably get turfed off, but that does not mean it is not the right thing to do.You see every week the ref surrounded by players and they do little about it.Whereas in the lower leagues they flash cards around like confetti.If the FA sorted the Prem. league it would make it a hell of a lot easier for officials all the way down The FA are a pretty useless bunch its fair to say,but the game has to sorted out from the top surely.

There is an element to that Swoonie but how big are the top sides squads these days. Big enough to cope with out 3 or 4 players. The smaller clubs would pay the penalty.

I'm with you on this one, Kroons.

As far as conversation is concerned, there is constructive and explanatory conversation from the ref which should be encouraged at all times.

As far as players are concerned, this falls into two categories.

Genial Banter.....

AND

Down right verbal abuse which should result in an immediate red-card.

(taxi for Big J.R. ?)

i agree with jurg we should take the rugby ref way they take no [****!!****] from nobody , if they get it they call over the captain then the culprit is pointed out and then disciplined by either being sent off or sin binned or a ten metre advance for the oppo. and we are talking little stick insect refs against a 19 stone monsters ...... its the way forward

a good ref always talks to the players and is ready to explain any decision, although there are a few in this league who think they are graham poll and just tell you to go away , that gets right up my nose,

as for the premiership i think the players are a disgrace to the game the way they fand blind at officials ,

remember no ref means no game