Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

HITCHEN UPDATES

GEEBEE

It was apparent that we wern't gonna be strong enough at the back pre season. We've scored 3 goals so its obvious we can score goals. We're leaking like the titanic at the back. Saunders is a great midfielder and so I wouldn't put him at the back. A sappleton type defender, an old head at the back is what we need. Lets hope more money becomes avaliable before we sink any more.

This is where the owners of the club should step in if they are allowed to and release some money because im sure they can stump up the amount needed allowing Trotty to get what he requires . If they love the club so much then lets see if they put there hands in there pockets and help us out of this hole we are in right now . Up the Gate.

And you don't think that's what is already happening? We need to keep in perspective the sustainable investment in the club; so getting the infrastructure right, the 5-a-side centre built and the ordinary operational costs has to be a priority. We might look at other clubs and ourselevs even in the Conference - for what happens when you spend beyond your means. Perhaps the mistake last season was too high a playing budget.

It has been a frustrating season so far and everyone at the club feels the same, but if you add into the results on the pitch the advances that are being made slowly but surely off it, this could turn into one of the most fundamentally successful seasons we have had in a long time.

Oh, and I do wish we could sort the defence out! I saw someone else mention the option of switching to 3-5-2, which it looked like we did in the second half yesterday. Didn't we used to play like that?

Its not the fault of the directors.

If RT is given a budget-he has to work it,and bring some successes within that budget-not necessarily top 5; but certainly not bottom half.

Its his responsibility that over the summer he weakened the defence-released players and did not replace them; and thus lost an opportunity to progress in the cup and bring more money in.

Lets assume there is no more money.

Sometimes you have to be drastic.

RT needs to start afresh.

Put Haworth,Pinnock,Side on transfer list.

You have to be tough, dratic and unpopular,but know exactly where you are going with your game plan.

Replace them with 3 quality defenders.( not through choice but needs must assuming you have a fixed budget)Build from the back.

If nothing is changed, you will keep getting the same results-a basic principle of life, sport, business,relationships.

Play Axon and Moir up front.Perhaps Pratt, perhaps your granny, in fact anyone with a pulse-it does not really matter. (thats where barron and bagley would have been useful.You can afford to play younger players up front whilst they learn their trade, but you just can't take risks in defence.)

I do not want to see any players go,-least of all Haworth,Pinns and Side; but there is no point losing 5-4.Admitedly, some supporters enjoy that type of game, but for me its a results business.

Start getting a point per game,hope Moir and Axon can get the odd goal, mixed in with a free kick, corner, penalty and scrape the odd win.

Stabilise the defence, that brings essential confidence to the team, then slowly improve the forward line.

What good is getting rid of the manager or some of the players going to do? Haworth, Side and Pinns are the last people you would want to get rid of, not that we should get rid of any of them.

On their day, we have a very good side and we should be encouraged so much by the player's nerver-say-die attitude in recent games. They fought back yesterday when I had given up myself, and am so pleased that they gave it a fight. I know we are short of defenders, but it said in Friday's Gazette that Trott did mikss out of a couple of defenders over the summer - so perhaps he is partially aware of the problem.

Yes, our league form needs to improve quickly, but we also need to give Trotty time and not just go for the knee-jerk reaction.

Originally Posted By: styx45
oh come on wheres your sense of humour

Unfortunately Styx, a lot of your comments previously have mean't that people now do not know if you're joking or not!!

As for margatefan, I'm very sure that she does not drag herself round the countryside like a lot of us just to look at Rob Haworths backside and legs!!!

Although of course that is a pleasing by-product of following football it is not the main course so to say.

How anyone could even contemplate ridding the team of Haworth, Pinns and Charlie just goes to show that it is not only us fluffy girlies that have a scant knowledge of football.

I would like to add that they showed more loyalty and will to win and love of the shirt yesterday than I have heard from a lot of the moaning minnies on here. They have faith, why is it so difficult for us to have a bit?

So why did RT miss out on a couple of defenders over the summer?

Why is he saying that now, when early season he was saying how delighted he was with the defence and there was no issue, as jay would play there and the world would be wonderful.

We heard the same last season-where he was 'always just missing out on a striker'.

Being the nearly man is not good enough-other clubs are/have been signing defenders.

I really want the guy to succeeed as margate manager, but he really does not help himself at times.

Good debate on here. It does need to be stressed that we need a good centre back to come in ASAP to shore up the defence. Danny Young - great prospect, but weak heading at times leads the the ball dropping in the hole between the midfield and the defence. When Jay and Macca (Standen has the legs to make up this ground more often than not but Macca struggled yesterday) can't then win that 2nd ball, we come under huge pressure. We need a defender who is experienced at this level but has better fitness than Trotty, and can marshall the defence, no frills, just get that ball out and defend from a throw in, etc.

Some people in local circles might look at this and think a reserve could easily step in. I'd disagree. There's a lot of very technical attacking players at this level. Tyron Sealey for Hitchin is a prime example. The defender we need really needs a knowledge of this level, to fit the bill IMO in the situation we find ourselves in.

Louis Smith and Danny Young as a central defensive combo is better than having Trott in there, but is still not good enough at the moment IMO. We could really do with someone who has played at this level before, and is commanding. Then put either Smith or Young alongside, or even Smith at right back, just get that calm head who has the ability to look after himself pace wise. Tough to do in October as most good centre backs will be settled - but it does need to be done. Maybe someone needs to dig deep to fund this, because its key if we dont want to be scrapping like we were 2 years ago.

Well said and easily explained Porka thats all we need to do , we all know MM has been saying it and we all know Trotty was wrong to buy to many upfront players and we all know there is no money to grab someone with a bit of common sense to sure up a hole , a F...ing big hole that the Titanic could get through but like Porka said someone really has to dig deep into there pockets to achieve this and i think that will sort out most of our probs in one go .

Oates , Ollie.S , Sappleton , Skinns , would have been just the best in the league. Up the Gate.