Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Dabbers boss not planning major changes

FF News

Nantwich Town manager Phil Parkinson is pleased with the players he has at the Weaver Stadium and is not looking to make any major changes.

Including former players and those yet to make an appearance this season, the Dabbers have had almost 50 players on the books this season.

“I’ve told the lads it’s not going to be a revolving door,” Parkinson said following victory over Halesowen Town at the weekend. “There’s not going to be people coming in and out of the club.

“If you do a job for me, you’ll be here long term – just like I want to be. So hopefully the players want to be a part of that.”

Parkinson is also well aware of the difficulties that come with running a non-league club, not least the financial constraints.

He said: “I know there’s been a few things said about budget cuts and all that. Yes, my budget has been cut and I am very aware of what I can spend. I’ve got to be very shrewd with that"

“So if I bring in more players, it means players either don’t make the bench or they’ll be on their way out if they’re not doing what I need them to do.”

But with the current mix of senior and youth players still leaving things a little light, Parkinson knows that bringing in more bodies might be a necessity.

“We’ve got to be aware of injuries, because we haven’t got a very big squad,” he said. “Injuries could really cripple us.

“That is something we’re very aware of and I’m trying to add to the squad. I am looking to bring in maybe a little defensive cover, just in case one of the lads at the back gets a knock.”

Source: www.nantwichtownfc.co.uk

Source

Archived