Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Silkmen boss urges supporters to travel for key clash

FF News

Macclesfield Town’s 2-0 win against Dartford keeps them in the hunt for a play-off place but with Eastleigh and Forest Green winning it will come down to the final day of the season.

The Silkmen travel to Torquay and will have to rely on other results if they are to make it into the play-offs.

John Askey is happy with how his side have played all season and believes the players have done a fantastic job.

Askey said: “We’re still in there and to say that we’ve got to the last game of the season with something to play for is incredible really, so I’m pleased. I can’t ask for any more after what the players have done.

“We had a little bit of a blip but we had a blip when we were playing well. We’ve won games that we shouldn’t have and towards the end of the season when we’ve played some good stuff, things haven’t quite gone for us but we’re still in there and it’s all to play for.

“It won’t be easy for Forest Green and Eastleigh knowing that they’ve got to get a result.”

Askey admits the preparation for the Torquay match will be exactly the same as any other match even though the stakes are high.

“Preparation is exactly the same, it has worked for us so far this year so we’ve just got to keep things going and make sure that the players don’t switch off.

“When you’ve got a game that you’ve got to win I’m sure they won’t.”

The manager also had a message for any fans thinking of making the trip to Torquay.

“Come down and enjoy the weekend in Torquay and see what happens. It will be good for the supporters to come down as we’ve got something to play for on the last day of the season. Hopefully it will be an enjoyable weekend.”

Source: www.mtfc.co.uk

Source

Archived