Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ginnelly urges Barwell to be more ruthless

FF News

Barwell boss Jimmy Ginnelly felt his side lacked a "killer instinct" during their 1-1 draw at home to Rushall Olympic.

The Canaries took the lead just after half-time through Declan Towers, before the visitors pulled level five minutes later.BarwellFC

The Barwell boss is happy with the players he has at his disposal but expects his frontline to become more "ruthless" in the final five league matches.

"I think we have a great team, as well as a great squad," Ginnelly said.

"We play lovely football and create a lot of chances, but we couldn't take the golden chance at an important time.

"I feel a little let down by the lads who missed those chances.

"It was exactly the same on Saturday (a defeat at Sutton Coldfield Town), and we should have come away from these two games with six points instead of one".

After giving Courtney Meade a first start for the Canaries on Tuesday night, the Manager is excited to see what the striker can deliver.

He said: "I thought he did very well.

"It's going to take time for him to settle in. The plan was to bring him in, in preparation for next season.

"We want to give him more minutes at this level in the remaining fixtures".

Source: Barwell FC

Source

Archived