Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bromley boss ecstatic after Orient hammering

FF News

Bromley gave their supporters a night to remember as they put six goals past Leyton Orient on Tuesday night.

neil smith bromley

Goals from George Porter, Adam Mekki, Joshua Rees, Brett Williams and a Jack Holland brace secured a famous win for the club.

Macauley Bonne got a consolation goal on a miserable night for the visitors.

The win also helped Bromley extend their unbeaten start to the season and they currently sit in fourth place in the National League table after winning two and drawing two of their opening four fixtures.

After watching his side take apart Orient, Bromley boss Neil Smith told the club's website It's unbelievable. I'm ecstatic, delighted for the players, supporters, the board, my playing staff because they put in a shift,"

"We had a game plan and to a man, probably overachieved. They've given me everything since they walked through the door on the 27th June and today was just everything we've been asking for"

After their win over an Orient side relegated from the Football League last season, Bromley host another recently-relegated side on Saturday when Hartlepool United head to the H2T Group Stadium.

And ahead of the game Smith urged his side to keep their feet on the floor.

"We do know it's only one game and we've got Hartlepool on Saturday, and we have to get their feet on the floor again.

"That was the perfect performance apart from the goal against. We wanted players who wanted to be here. They're hungry to improve, learn and work for each other, I think that showed today."

Article: Mark Carruthers (@marknldaily) Image: Reuters Media

Source

Archived