Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Knowles 'gobsmacked' by Bradford Park Avenue release

FF News

James Knowles admitted that he was 'stunned' when he was told his time at Bradford Park Avenue was up.

The centre back and striker Nicky Boshell were released as part of a cost-cutting exercise just two days after the narrow 2-1 home defeat against Vanarama National League North leaders Salford City,

Knowles, who has now joined former Guiseley boss Steve Kittrick at Evo-Stik One North promotion chasers Scarborough Athletic, said: "I was very disappointed especially after being there for so long and for it end like that – with a phone call on Monday morning after the Salford game.

"I wasn't happy because I didn't want to leave. I'd played the majority of the games this season and thought I was playing well. I lost my place after one game that we lost heavily and felt that I'd been made the scapegoat, but I took that and earned my place back.

"After a run of games back in the team to be told I wasn't wanted was hard to take. I was gobsmacked – stunned to be honest. At the time I didn't even think about what was next – signing for another club – I was in shock for at least two days."

Avenue boss Mark Bower and his assistant Danny Boshell – striker Nick's elder brother – didn't want to lose either player.

It is understood that they were instructed to trim the playing budget and it was unfortunate that Knowles and Nicky Boshell were non-contract players.

Read more: http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk

Source

Archived