Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

BURNLEY TICKETS SCAM!!

It would appear you as a club have become too big for your boots. Let me explain. We are, as you well know, currently sitting on top of the first division. We are pulling in around 16000 at home games but most of these are season ticket holders who have paid their money to watch first div football. FACT - 16000 will not watch BFC v Canvey Island if the prices are the same for a normal league game. My club has advised Canvey on this matter but still CIFC continue to push Burnley to charge the same prices. BFC want to charge the minimum for an FA Cup game, that being £6, this would reduce your cost of the day out and would definately create a brilliant atmosphere inside the ground with a few thousand more souls in their who could now afford it. Why do you have to be so greedy? Why not make the most of what could be a spectacular day out. £6 on and you might even score the biggest upset of the FA Cup, who knows. Not so long ago Burnley almost joined the depths of non league, therefore I respect the chance of a club like yours wanting to cash in on the fixture (and rightly so) but if you are hoping for a big pay day by forcing Burnley to charge stupid prices you are going totally the wrong way about it. It makes no sense, why not listen to people who know, the club knows the people of Burnley and they know that they will not come to watch you at £14 a ticket. its sad, coz you will really enjoy the day in Burnley, its just a shame there wont be that many people there to make it the occasion that it is - for that, thank CIFC. Up the Clarets! Bobbie.

• 2 weeks later...

Where were the 1600 a couple of years ago,all of a sudden the bandwaggon is overflowing and you think your like man yoo.It just shows your fans arent true fans if they wont pay to watch you match......City fans will stay away from our FA cup games because we have no interest in the FA cup as going back to the prem is more important,unless of coarse we come up against a prem team then we will see what we need next season if we do go up,but using ticket prices as an excuse is bad,let face it your fans dont want to pay to see the chance of Burnley going out of the cup to a none league team.

No idea if this has been mentioned previously, as I don't have time to trawl through...<p>Consider a crowd of 16,000 at £6 per head. Total takings of £96,000 are split three ways (2 clubs and FA). But the home club gets 100% of the catering and other associated revenues.<p>If the crowd is £8,000 at £12 a head the total takings are the same but the catering revenues are halved.<p>That's why Burnley wanted to reduce the ticket prices.<p>Good luck!

Captain Haddock,i would pay to see us play you just to give our team the support it will need so you cant cause a upset.To us playing a team like Canvey would have more pulling power than that of the Swindon game....I think we may only get 12000-15000 for tomorrow even though our club has made it £3 for juniors.I would expect 20000- 25000 if we were playing Canvey.Burnley boast of 16000 fans but 2 years ago it was nearer 5000 and these are the diehard fans that will turn up,the rest are just on the bandwaggon.Good luck but i still think Burnley will win but after seeing them on here wingeing i hope you win.