Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Silkmen boss pleased despite York defeat

FF News

Macclesfield Town manager John Askey was pleased with the performance last night despite the Silkmen suffering a 3-1 defeat at home against York City.

Danny Whitaker scored Macc’s only goal of the game from the penalty spot midway through the second half, despite the score the Silkmen were argubally much the better side with Anthony Dudley and Whitaker both having good chances to score in the second half but city ‘keeper Scott Loach was in fine form.

Despite the result, Askey thought it was a good performance overall and believed that his side dominated the majority of the play throughout the 90 minutes.

Speaking to Silkmen Player HD after the game he said: “We still could have won the game with the chances that we had. I was pleased with how we played but what I wasn’t pleased with was the way we defended – I thought we were shocking defensively.

“There was a lot of good performances and chances, it was a mixture of poor defending, missed chances and their ‘keeper playing well, but the overall performance I wasn’t disappointed with.

“Throughout the game we dominated play, it wasn’t like we dominated play but didn’t create chances because we did. I was just disappointed that we didn’t put those chances away, their three goals were mainly because of our defending.“

Source: www.mtfc.co.uk

Source

Archived