Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 13-December 17 )

• Photo
    hairbear

• Photo
    Ramschav

• Photo
    Hitby

Photo

Carlisle United

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
6 replies to this topic

offline John Pearce

John Pearce
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
I have noticed that many of the so called experts in the newspapers are already tipping Carlisle United as favourites to win the Conference next season?

That could be good news as we may already have a psychological advantage over them? The Fleet are probably the only Conference side that has a 100% winning record against them.

offline Ray ellingham

Ray ellingham
1-0 was it our past manager Tony Sitford with the winning goal?

offline John Pearce

John Pearce
FA Cup 3rd. Round if my memory serves me right, 1962-63 season. Tony Sitford scored the winning goal in what was a many times postponed cup tie due to the appalling weather, to set-up a home 4th. Round match against Sunderland.

offline jc

jc
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
  • Supports: Ebbsfleet United
Quote:
White Van Nistelrooy said:
I have noticed that many of the so called experts in the newspapers are already tipping Carlisle United as favourites to win the Conference next season?

Presumably they're basing this on the fact that their form over the last 25 matches or so would make them third division play-off contenders - it's the mere 5 points from their first 21 games before they sorted things out that's sending them down.

offline FleetFanatic

FleetFanatic
  • National Squad - 1st XI
Personally I think they will be up there at the end of next season - look at the facts: they will be keeping most of the players that almost got them out of the mire (all sign up for another eighteen months apparently), they have a very big following by conference standards, they do not have financial problems that the likes of Exeter came down with (or even York still have to a certain extent).

offline John@TheFleet

John@TheFleet
  • Reserves Coach
Please go up, Carlisle and York and we'll have Leyton Orient & Sarfend in return!!

offline Red Neck

Red Neck
  • Reserves Coach
Why don't we go up with either Carlisle or York, replacing Leyton Orient or Sarfend.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus