Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ambulance Waiting Times for Football Injuries

I have just seen on the ESL Forum that Thursdays APSA match was abandoned due to a bad injury to a Bowers player. Below is Football Mans question and my reply. I was wondering if anybody on here has any information on long waiting times.

Originally Posted By: Football Man

Any idea why the ambulance took 30 minutes when the hospital is next door to the ground? I think it is about time there was some sort of inquiry as to why there is always a long wait for ambulances for football injuries. There was an hour wait at Brimsdown a couple of weeks ago,again for a broken leg, and I remember being at a reserve team match at Haringey a few seasons ago when a Haringey player broke his leg. It was so obvious, when it happened, that about 10 of us dialled 999 straight away. Again there was a very long wait. There must be lots of other people with the same stories to tell. Maybe Clubs should all send any details they have, of these long waits, to the Health Minister at Parliament. OK, leg injuries may not be life threatening,(but then again who knows what complications may arise) but its worrying to think it could just as well be a neck or spine injury.

Originally Posted By: Pagey
This isn't exclusive to Football injuries.

I don't believe I said it was, but this is a football Forum and my interest is in football, and the wellbeing of footballers. Feel free to copy this to any other sports sites, that you may be interested in.