Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Citizens take the points tonight

The Citizens collected all three points at Goldstone Road this evening, beating a much improved BRIMSDOWN ROVERS who came into this game on the back of two good wins, 6 - 0 against LANGFORD last Wednesday and then 4 - 0 against KENTISH TOWN on Saturday.

Unfortunately, this game was spoilt as a spectacle by some poor decisions by the officials, a flush of yellow cards and one red issued and yet not a single bad tackle in the match.

Adam Wallace was first on the score sheet when the home keeper parried the ball out into a melee of players the big striker netting with an acrobatic overhead kick.

Less than 5 minutes later Wallace had his second, Vince Rispoli, for the second time in consecutive games, was the provider, an incisive cross into the box and Wallace volleyed the ball past the home keeper.

Minutes before the end of the first period Rovers were thrown a lifeline when referee Mr Morss awarded them a penalty. Captain Charlie Moxom stepped up and even though Welwyn keeper Rob Blackburne dived the right way the spot kick went wide of his post.

A little way into the second half the home team were down to 10 men. Ben Andreos jumped with Tom Lewis for a high bouncing ball and received a second yellow and his marching orders, perhaps a little clumsy but never intentional and not worthy of a sending off.

The Citizens made it 3 with 10 minutes left in the game, a mazy run down the left by Fabio Valenti was capped when he calmly rounded the prostrate keeper and stroked the ball into the net to put the game out of sight.

We are now putting some space between the teams below us and if we keep the wins coming we could catch the teams in mid table. Next Saturday we travel away to ST MARGARETSBURY and then have our rearranged game against COCKFOSTERS at Herns Lane on Thursday 12th.

Bilbo - I hadn't noticed you had been away, where did you go. Looking forward to hearing your account of the St Margaretsbury game yesterday.

Originally Posted By: Bilbo

Although I wasn

Enough to know that the Dynamic Duo have brought together a great bunch of players.

Sounds like yesterday's game was just a bad day at the office and we all have them as you should well know.

I'll be at Herns Lane on Thursday to see the game against Cockfosters.

I'll be at Herns Lane on Thursday to see the game against Cockfosters

So will that be the first time you have watched Welwyn Garden City this season

Bilbo - My guess is that you are embarrassed at not having watched Welwyn Garden City as yet this season and you are trying to deflect attention away from that fact, with respect you come across as somewhat of a 'nerd' or 'boffin' with the comments you make and that's the impression I had of you already from Gavin from what he has told me. Gavin is fine thanks and we're in regular touch, I'm still appalled by the way he was treated at Edgware Town and who can blame him for having a wry smile on his face when the Club were sadly driven into the wall by the very same people who banished him from the White Lion Ground.

and the language college ensures there are lots of pretty girls around

Bilbo - You should be ashamed of yourself, according to your profile you were born in 1964 which makes you 45 years old, aren't you past that sort of thing.

Yes but using the term 'pretty girls' would suggest that you are referring to the ages of 18 to 25 which is at least 20 years younger than yourself, you have to be a bit careful in this age of over the top political correctness or people could start jumping to all sorts of conclusions.

Rhodent you have again hijacked this thread and your posts have nothing to do with the subject of the original post and in fact nothing to do with non-league football. I suppose I must take some of the blame but I can not let your insidious comment and innuendo go unchallenged.

You accused me of being embarrassed at not having watched Welwyn Garden City as yet this season. If you were as diligent as you profess to be you would have noticed that my first post on this thread was a comment on the Brimsdown Rovers game

For your information the French celebrate their meals in the company of family and friends, the age range can be from as young as 10 to as old as great grandma with all ages in between, from both sex

If you did not think your post would cause offence then what did you mean when you said "people could start jumping to all sorts of conclusions." The insinuation is perfectly clear to me.

I notice you don't mention your post regarding my attendance at WGCFC games. Don't you think an apology is in order?

Bilbo - You remind me very much of a member called Eagles1981 who was made to look foolish when boasting about living the high life in exclusive places such as Gstaad, Antibes, Zurich and St Moritz, exactly like you have done with Grenoble. It turned out that he was posting all the time from a basement flat in Kilburn.

Rhodent you really are a sad individual. Just like a rat, when backed into a corner, you try to attack.

The truth of the matter is you can't justify your previous posts so you try a new tack to divert attention from your failure to back up your ramblings with any real evidence.

Why not address your comments to the questions I have asked or is an honest answer beyond you.