Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

IMPORTANT FIXTURE AMENDMENT 27FEB

Due to unavailability of ground, the League Cup semi-final between Eton Manor and Burnham Ramblers on Saturday 27th February will not now take place but , instead, there will be an additional League fixture - Burnham Ramblers v Eton Manor at Leslie Field.

Due to unavailability of ground, the League Cup semi-final between Eton Manor and Burnham Ramblers on Saturday 27th February will not now take place but , instead, there will be an additional League fixture - Burnham Ramblers v Eton Manor at Leslie Field.

Mr Chairman

Why is it league fixtures on at saturday get cancelled and replaced with cup games, leaving sides without fixtures on a saturday?

surely the league fixtures should take precidence (perhaps finals excepted)?

seems crazy that clubs should be without a fixture on a saturday then have to play two mid week fixtures ie on a tues and thurs as a result.

hope you may be able to shed some light on this

kind regards

sir garf.

I think the fixture list has been a bit lacking this season. Looking at a situation where some clubs finish the season one week before others.... fixtures moved about leaving as you say free saturdays and my opinion, for what it's worth is that more mid weeks should be arranged for the first half of the season, in the hope of getting the games in before the really wintery weather hits. Not an easy job though I'm sure!

I think the fixture list has been a bit lacking this season. Looking at a situation where some clubs finish the season one week before others.... fixtures moved about leaving as you say free saturdays and my opinion, for what it's worth is that more mid weeks should be arranged for the first half of the season, in the hope of getting the games in before the really wintery weather hits. Not an easy job though I'm sure!

Exactly,.

Our situation we finish Sat 10th April as our last Saturday when other clubs can play Saturday 17th & 24th, luckily we have put a fixture in the midweek slot the 13th, but we could of effectively finished our season two weeks before anyone else.

I agree with Sir Garfield if Sawbo and Takeley get a winner to their GBT quarter final next week, we will lose our trip to Enfield on a Saturday in the league , a longer trip which should be played on a Saturday. The semi final whoever wins out of Sawbo & Takevley away at Witham is fairly local.

This is only my opinion and not that of the club, although they may agree. :smilewinkgrin:

And finally before our friends :smilewinkgrin: from up the road think we are bigger or better etc etc, this is not the case

Edited by WA WTFC

Exactly,.

Our situation we finish Sat 10th April as our last Saturday when other clubs can play Saturday 17th & 24th, luckily we have put a fixture in the midweek slot the 13th, but we could of effectively finished our season two weeks before anyone else.

I agree with Sir Garfield if Sawbo and Takeley get a winner to their GBT quarter final next week, we will lose our trip to Enfield on a Saturday in the league , a longer trip which should be played on a Saturday. The semi final whoever wins out of Sawbo & Takevley away at Witham is fairly local.

This is only my opinion and not that of the club, although they may agree. :smilewinkgrin:

And finally before our friends :smilewinkgrin: from up the road think we are bigger or better etc etc, this is not the case

LOL, think we have now done that to death will move on.

If you all sorted your pitches out you wouldn't have to worry about re schedulign games. Don't get on the LC back because you all have sh1t grounds.

No one is getting on the LC's back, but it is a fact that certain teams as explained by FcFan and myself finish two weeks before others, that has nothing to do with state of pitches. I accept your apology. :smilewinkgrin: We all agree he does a great job, but this is a forum where surely we can raise these matters. Edit: Please Meat can you tell me of any league at Step.5 or above that does not finish at the same time, excluding divisions where they have an odd number obviously. :signthankspin:

Edited by WA WTFC

Cup games is a problem early in the season, but let's be honest most ESL sides are out of the FA Cup and Vase by early October and then end up with a run of free midweeks at a time when the pitches are in good nick. Especially this season when I think unless I'm mistaken there were only 4 league cup group games for each sides.

Another alternative would be to make the Brasted a mid week competition with the exception of the final. Think something a bit different should be looked at for next season though. I know the weather this year has been rotten, but has raised some genuine questions about the fixture list. Again, i'm not trying to blame anybody, it must be an almost impossible job organising the league's fixtures, but I think the format needs looking at again before next season.

WA WTFC i enjoyed your counter argument. You make a valid point. I agree with such a tight league a FINAL DAY SHOWDOWN would be the fairest way to end the season. I just get fed up of those t0ssers from Enfield always thinking they are hard done by. I feel sorry for the LC. He does a thankless task and cannot please everyone. If we are all honest, we are a laughing stock to equivalent leagues. Poor attendences, some shambolic outfits and facilities terrible barring Burnham and the MIGHT AIRPORTMEN!

shambolic outfits and facilities terrible barring Burnham and the MIGHT AIRPORTMEN!

Got to admire the lads sense of humour. :cheesy (2):

Edited by WA WTFC

Meat, photo of the Stansted game on FatCat's blog.(underneath Wivenhoe Reserves)

http://withamtownfc.blogspot.com/

He has just reopened it again.

Edited by WA WTFC