Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Badgers look for stabilityHeath Praises Players Patience

FF News

Recommended Posts

Retford United have held an emergency meeting this week in their first steps to stabilise the club after a dramatic few days at the Jones


North Ferriby United manager Billy Heath says his players' patience paid off after securing their place in the quarter-finals of the FA Trophy.

Beating Farnborough 2-0, courtesy of first-half goals from Tom Denton and Ryan Kendall, it capped off a week of meticulous preparation from the Villagers.

Heath revealed his delight and relief after securing his side's place in the last-16 draw – due to take place this lunchtime – for the second successive year.

"It's been a long week for the players and they have put in a tremendous performance. It was a great result," he told the Mail.

"We shut the game down in the second half and could have killed the game off early on. As for the next round, it will be tough whoever we draw.

"I'm absolutely delighted with the result. We probably rode our luck in the first-half. Adam Nicklin made some crucial saves and we scored two good goals from set-pieces."

In truth, the 2-0 result was richly deserved by the Villagers, having restricted Farnborough to just one attempt on goal in the whole of the second half.

However, Ferriby committed a number of early errors and could have been at a goal behind in the first 17 minutes.

First, Louie Theophanous fired in an 18-yard shot that was held comfortably by Nicklin. Shortly after, Nicklin responded quickly and agilely to race out and dive at Theophanous's feet to take the ball as the striker broke through. The Ferriby stopper then again denied Theophanous with another alert block.

Farnborough were made to pay for their missed opportunities, as on 19 minutes, Russell Fry floated in a free-kick from the left touchline and Denton rose to head home at the near-post.

The home side responded with a shot in to the side-netting from Lloyd Foot, denied by a superb one-handed save by Nicklin from close-range.

Ferriby were making problems for themselves with some slack passing in defence and midfield, but gradually came more in to the game.

The Villagers doubled their lead after half an hour, with Fry again combining with Denton. Fry's cross from the left was headed on by Denton to Kendall, who headed home from close-range.

THE quarter-final ties are scheduled for Saturday, February 7.

North Ferriby: Adam Nicklin, Louis Bruce (Nathan Peat 53), Josh Wilde, Liam King, Gregg Anderson, Danny Hone, Danny Clarke, Russ Fry, Tom Denton, Ryan Kendall (Adam Bolder 45), Jason St Juste. Subs not used: Tom Nicholson, Mark Gray, Jon D'Laryea.

Read more: http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk



Link to comment
Share on other sites


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Create New...