Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Straight Fight In The Sussex County League Says White

FF News

MARC WHITE believes it will be a straight fight between Dorking Wanderers and Eastbourne Town in the race for promotion this season.

Wanderers currently sit second in Sussex County League Division One with 55 points, one point behind leaders Pagham in the title race.

And although White (pictured above) said last week he felt it would be a four-horse race for promotion, he says that it is likely to be between just Wanderers and Eastbourne for promotion, with the duo the only two sides in the top five to have applied for promotion.

The other applicants – East Preston and Horsham YMCA – currently sit sixth and 11th respectively and White believes it is likely to be a battle between Wanderers and Eastbourne.

"Taking any emotion out of it, they are our main rivals," he said.

"They are really the only other team that has applied that can probably go up and it is a straight fight between the two of us."

Eastbourne are currently ten points behind Wanderers with five games in hand, but White says he would much rather be in his side's position.

"We are in a better position than them at the moment," he said.

"They have it all to do in terms of playing games and catching us up.

"I still think it will go to the wire, but I am sure there will be a few more twists to come.

"I think we could probably drop more points and still have a chance of going up, but there is a lot of football still to be played."

Meanwhile, White believes Wanderers are looking good on and off the field for the promotion push, adding that there will only be minor work to do to at Westhumble Playing Fields to meet ground grading requirements.

Source

Archived