Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Derby Clash Will Have Huge Significance

FF News

Ebbsfleet United and Bromley clash at Stonebridge Road tonight (Tuesday) in a game of huge significance for the Vanarama Conference South promotion race.

Victory would send Bromley back to the top of the table while a win for Fleet could move them to within three points of the play-off places.

Seven of the division's top 10 clubs are in action on what looks like a potentially pivotal night.

It will be the first time the local rivals have met since the play-offs at the end of last season.

Ebbsfleet beat Bromley in the Conference South play-offs at the end of last season Picture: Andy Payton
Ebbsfleet manager Jamie Day said: "It's going to be a good game. I think they're going to be the champions.

"They've got a good squad of players and they'll come to us with confidence. They got a point on Saturday which keeps their run going but I'm looking forward to it.

"Hopefully there's a good crowd and good support for the boys and we can get a good result."

There is added spice to the game because two players Day let go only last month have since signed for Bromley.

Winger Anthony Cook, who was voted player-of-the-year by the Ebbsfleet supporters last season, scored 19 goals in 86 appearances for the north Kent club. He and centre-forward Ben May, who played 42 games for the Fleet and scored 12 goals, could both feature for Mark Goldberg's side tonight.

Day said: "Cookie and Ben May left on good terms so it'll be good to see them. Obviously they'll know a bit about us and we'll know about them.

"Bromley have done exceptionally well this year. They did well last year and I think that continues, year on year. In my opinion, I think they'll be the team that will win the league and we need to give a good showing of what we're capable of doing."

Both sides drew 1-1 on Saturday, Ebbsfleet at Bishop's Stortford and Bromley at home to Hayes & Yeading.

Day said: "We'll dust ourselves down, we haven't got beat, it's two unbeaten and we'll take that into Tuesday. We'll hopefully put in a good performance and get a good result."

Kick-off at Stonebridge Road is at 7.45pm.

Source

Archived