Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Prescot boss already looking ahead

FF News

Prescot Cables boss Neil Prince says that his thoughts will now turn to next season after his side secured their Evo Stik First Division North status with a 4-0 win over Farsley.

Cables completed one of their biggest wins of the season with goals from Prince, James Jenkins and two from Jack Phillips.

Prince says he wasn’t surprised by his side’s performance, and adds that his side will now need to take that form into next season.

He told the ECHO: “It was probably the most complete performance. We dominated the game from start to finish and we always looked comfortable. Hopefully we can take that into next season.

“The majority of the time we are playing against big non-league clubs and you have got to be at your very best just to compete.

“Other than three games this season we have always been there or thereabouts and we just feel like our performances have certainly merited a lot more points than we have got and we probably could be a lot higher in the league.

“It is big that we’ve stayed in this league but it is important that over the summer I do everything I can to get players in that are going to improve us because next season is going to be as tough.”

Prince believes his team will be better for the experience of having played at this level. He feels that if he can keep his group together and out of the clutches of other local clubs, they can push on again next term.

He continued: “Next season, as I say, we are going to have a settled team and the lads will have had a year’s experience at this level and we will go into the first game as a unit and as a team that knows how each other plays.

“Last season we only had five players when we got the job and we had to go about rebuilding. That carried on right until Christmas and it was only really in January that we’ve had a settled team and I think the season has been a success.

“It’s a massive achievement (staying up), you look at all the clubs that are in there and unfortunately at this moment of time Prescot Cables haven’t got the finances to push on and challenge in the upper echelons of the league.

“Will that change? Hopefully it will because if it is a similar situation next season then it’s going to be a similar situation.

“It is hard to attract players because we have so much competition from other clubs in the area and other clubs will come sniffing as our players get better.”

And first on Prince’s shopping list will be a recognised goalscorer.

“We need an out-and-out goalscorer, that’s no secret” he added. “That is the biggest thing we will be looking at. We will be trying to get a couple of players in who we know are proven goalscorers.

“They cost money so it is going to have to be a young up and comer who is ambitious and wants to try themselves at this level.

“Although it is a massive achievement to stay in this league I don’t consider it a success. I’m not in the game to survive relegation, I’m in the game to push on and be successful. I want to win trophies and win leagues. We will be building a squad to be as good as we possibly can, that’s the long term aim.”

Source: www.liverpoolecho.co.uk

Source

Archived