Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Margate consider full-time move

FF News

Margate chairman Bob Laslett has suggested the club may look to go full-time next season if they win promotion.

Laslett has been at the helm for 15 months and is pleased with the progress being made towards his eventual aim of getting the Hartsdown Park club into the Football League.

And he admits that going full-time is something which is being considered - but play-off success would have to come first.

"I think we would look to go full-time sooner rather than later," he said. "We will do whatever we can to get where we want to go.

"We're on a journey, we're all committed to it.

"It depends on how we do promotion-wise, but that's what we're looking to aim for as we progress through the leagues.

"We've got to take it one step at a time, we're still upbeat, we're still excited, we've achieved a lot but there's still a hell of a lot more to do.

"We're all up for it."

That would be music to the ears of Gate boss Terry Brown, who admits the limitations of being part-time - and training just twice a week - have made his job tougher this year.

The former AFC Wimbledon and Aldershot chief said after Saturday's 3-0 loss to VCD: "One of the things that's disappointed me is that being part-time can be negligible on the team's understanding of how you want them to play.

"You start the season with plenty of training sessions and they can take it on board, but it doesn't take long for that to dissipate.

"You can talk to them as much as you want but you have to get them on the pitch and show them.

"This league is game after game and you don't get time to do that. I have to say I miss that part of the coaching side of things."

Source: www.thanetgazette.co.uk

Source

Archived