Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Former Chelsea defender joins Tanners in player/assistant role

FF News

Experienced defender Steve Watt has joined Leatherhead from Hemel Hempstead as player/assistant manager

Tanners manager Mike Sandmann confirmed the news after their win at Farnborough on Saturday saying "I am pleased to announce Steve Watt as my player Assistant Manager. Steve has a huge amount of experience and believe he would be a perfect addition to Leatherhead Football Club.

I know Steve well from his time at Dover and always knew he would be someone I would like to work with me both on and off the pitch. He is hugely respected in the game as a player and a coach and I believe the players will enjoy having Steve in the dressing room. I've been waiting to speak to Steve for over a week now and couldn't be happier to have him on board.

I know Steve can't wait to get started and will be available for Tuesday's game against Tonbridge"

Watt also spoke of his move and is looking forward to getting started in his new role.

'I'm delighted to join the club and am looking forward to my first role as part of a management team, it will be great to assist Mike, I have known him for many years and I see us as a good fit to push Leatherhead on to the next level together.

It's brilliant to be able to have influence on and off the pitch as a player/assistant and I thank the club and Mike for giving me this exciting opportunity. '

Source: www.leatherheadfootballclub.co.uk

Source

Archived