Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Guiseley boss wants to finish the job in Trophy replay

FF News

Following Saturday’s 2-2 draw at Victoria Park, Guiseley and Burscough will lock horns again on Tuesday to compete for a place in the FA Trophy second round.

The weekend’s 2-2 draw at Victoria Park extended the Linnets’ unbeaten run to 12 matches, having not tasted defeat since the middle of October, with the Evo-Stik First Division North side twice coming from behind to earn a replay.

Lions boss Mark Bower knows Tuesday represents another difficult test but backed his side to finish the job against the 2003 Trophy winners.

“In cup competitions, we’ve been there ourselves – we scraped past Droylsden last year, we had a replay with Rushall in the past,” he said.

“I’ve been around at the club when its been Ashington and Skelmersdale in the FA Cup and Trophy so we know these kind of games are always difficult.

“It was difficult, the pitch was just about playable and I think every other game in this area has been called off so the fact they got the game on is credit to them but it was difficult to play a flowing game of football.

“There’s teams around the country from this level beating teams from Conference level – that goes without saying. At least we’re in the hat for Monday and then the home game against them on the Tuesday we will look to get through. I’ve got every confidence that we can.”

Source: Guiseley AFC

Source

Archived