Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Diagne enjoying life in the middle with Silkmen

FF News

Macclesfield Town loan star Tony Diagne says he's enjoying life in the centre of the Silkmen defence.

The Lincoln City loanee started off the season playing on the left but due to injuries, he was forced to play more centrally and the defender has gone on to form solid defensive partnerships with both George Pilkington and Neill Byrne. With another shut out last weekend against Welling, the Silkmen defence continue to impress.

On his new role, Diagne said: ““I don’t mind playing centre-back or left-back if I’m helping out the team. I have enjoyed playing in the centre especially as we’ve been keeping clean sheets this season so it’s been really good.”

The team started off their festive period with a 1-0 victory over Welling courtesy of Kristian Dennis’ 19th league goal of the season. The Frenchman feels it is important to pick up as many wins as possible over Christmas if the clubs are to be serious play-off contenders.

“I think the Christmas Period is the most important part of the season because we’ve got loads of games. To get the three points from each game during this period is what can be the difference between making the play-offs and not. I think it’s going to be a really good challenge for us.

“I think the team are good enough to make the play-offs this year, we are a strong team when everyone’s fit so we can definitely get into the play-offs.”

Macc are looking to continue their winning Christmas run against Ashton United in The FA Trophy tonight. After the cup game, the Silkmen are hosting Tranmere Rovers in the Vanarama National League on Saturday at the Moss Rose.

Source: www.mtfc.co.uk

Source

Archived