Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Gulls midfielder Richards hoping to make Boxing Day return

FF News

Torquay United are hoping to have a festive boost with the return to action of key midfielder, Courtney Richards, for the visit of Forest Green Rovers on Boxing Day.

The 22 year-old has been laid low since suffering a hamstring strain in the home FA Trophy clash with Chesham United.

“It’s always frustrating to miss games,” he said. “It was one of those where I over-stretched making a pass, but thankfully it has not been as bad as I first feared.

“I’ve been working hard to get back and hopefully I will be able to be involved on Boxing Day.

“What’s happened so far this season has gone now, there’s nothing we can do about it. What we can affect is what happens in the games coming up.

“Yes, it’s a tough festive schedule with two games against Forest Green and a trip to Cheltenham, but we had something similar last year, and if we can get some results in these games it will give our confidence a big boost.

“We really need the fans behind us, though. They have been there for us throughout everything and have been brilliant. They can galvanise the team with their backing and help us get to where we all want to be.”

Source: www.torquayunited.com

Source

Archived