Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Dabbers boss left frustrated by Whitby defeat

FF News

Nantwich Town boss Phil Parkinson believes that Saturday’s defeat to Whitby Town was certainly a game of two halves as the Dabbers fell to their first defeat of 2016.

The visitors from North Yorkshire had raced into a 2-0 lead before then interval and despite Elliot Osborne netting from the spot it was in vain for the Dabbers.

Speaking about the first half Parkinson said: “The first half has impacted the game massively in all honesty. You can’t legislate for the first goal where the ball has zipped over Krystian’s [burzynski] head. He doesn’t make those kind of mistakes usually and that has massively cost us.”

“The second goal is a bit of a worldie goal. Not much we can do about that. I thought we could have got a bit closer maybe. But the lad has hit it really well. If we had scored that goal I’m saying “great goal” so we have to accept it was a goal out of nowhere.”

“So that first goal has killed us. However I still think that going forward we should be doing better. They have made it difficult for us and stopped us playing.

“I’m not going to criticize their tactics but it’s frustrating when I look at the group of players that I have and I look at the lads in the attacking threat.

“We have huffed and puffed today, but not had any end product which is something I can’t often say about this team because normally they are a very creative team.

“Maybe it was just an off day for our lads. We had a real go in the second half but couldn’t create enough chances”

In the second half it was all Nantwich as they tried to rescue a point to keep pace at the top of the Northern Premier League.

Parkinson said: “I don’t think they barely touched the ball second half. But again we didn’t have many clear cut chances. Possession wise we dominated but unusually for us, chances were few and far between.”

“We got in a few good positions but I don’t remember seeing a one on one or a clear cut pass that was going to unlock them. So it was like waiting for someone to do something special and we have got those players to do that to bail us out.

“Given our league position, that was a game where we are expected to win. But we didn’t and fair play to Whitby, they have beaten a second place side.

“Teams are now coming here now knowing that they have to be 100% at their game to get anything at Nantwich, which is what we wanted, and to be fair to Whitby in the first half they were.

“Second half the lads listened to what we said and had a right real go which is what they always do to the bitter end. But this time we couldn’t find that equalizing goal.”

That defeat was only the second for Nantwich this season at the Weaver Stadium.

The last defeat was back in August when the Dabbers lost to Buxton 2-1.

Parkinson: “Yeah it’s good to see us turn the Weaver Stadium into a fortress. But sadly we have been beaten here, so that puts doubts into your mind and it’s our job to stop the lads getting complacent.

“Anyone can beat anyone in this league as what has been proved today”.

“Look at Skelmersdale in the last game here and they did very well and we had to be on our game to beat them.

“Whitby have come here and many will have expected us to have beaten them. But you can’t take anything for granted in this league. You have got to defend right, which we didn’t do and take your chances when you get them. I think our first half performance gave us a mountain to climb.

“ I think had we won a win for us would have been unfair on Whitby, a draw would have been a fair result on the balance of play. But you don’t always get what you deserve in this game.”

Source: www.nantwichtownfc.co.uk

Source

Archived