Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Fleet new boy targets promotion

FF News

Ebbsfleet United’s latest signing Aaron McLean spoke to the BBC Non-League Show on Saturday evening about his reasons for the move to Stonebridge Road and left supporters under no illusions that his enthusiasm for winning remains as high as ever.

“I spoke to the manager about the aspirations of the club,” McLean told Caroline Barker. “Through my career I’ve always looked to have a challenge and there’s nothing better than going into a season knowing that you’re challenging yourself and trying to achieve something.”

The 32-year-old former Hull City goalscorer enjoyed several successful seasons in non-league football with Aldershot Town and Grays Athletic but thinks the quality has improved since his move into the Football League. “I loved it in non-league football,” McLean said. “The levels have risen.. . the quality has got so much better. I know a few of the lads down [at Ebbsfleet] already and I know I’m going into a team with quality  players in it.

“I’m 32. I had the opportunity in the summer to stop playing and go into coaching but i want to play football, I want to play regularly and challenge myself. Ebbsfleet’s close to where I’m from and I’ve got the opportunity to go there and help the club get promoted. Coaching might be something I venture into but at this moment in time I just want to play regularly and I want to still be winning things even at 32.

“When I look at this squad, there are players who are better equipped to play in a higher league than they’re in now. They want to prove a point and I want to achieve things there, get them out of the league this season and hopefully look to get promoted again after that.”

Source: Ebbsfleet United

Source

Archived