Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Law pleased as Alfreton game plan earns win over Chorley

FF News

Alfreton Town manager Nicky Law was pleased with the way his side showed patience and stuck to their game plan well to earn a 1-0 home win over a strong, battling Chorley side.

"We began the game strongly. They (Chorley) came back into it and ten or fifteen minutes in the middle of the first half and then we came back strong at the back end of the second half.

"We said at half-time we needed to stay switched on at set plays and dead balls. They wanted to get us two against one and they did that well and the movement off the ball was quite good off.

"Our front four, Smith, Jones, Meikle and Bradley would maybe give us a little bit more quality, and just stick at it really, that was the brief at half-time, just stick at it, keep doing what you are doing, make sure you stay in the game, no silly mistakes and grind it out.

"I think we have a better team ethic now, we haven't got too many individual players. We have got players who are buying into the 'we' not 'me'. When we lose the ball we work extremely hard and get our shape, we are difficult to break down and that's what it's been.

"The proof has been in the last five or six games. I said before the game, let's not forget what's got us those results. It's been hard work matching teams, standing up to them physically and if you do that you have a chance of your ability, a little bit more ability if you have got it coming out the other side of it.

"If you can't match it (the physical side) that's all irrelevant because you have lost the game."

Source: www.alfretontownfc.com

Source

Archived