Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

NPL fans organise fundraising match in memory of Leek Town youngster

FF News

The Evo-Stik Northern Premier League's fans on Facebook are organising a fundraising match for the British Heart Foundation in memory of Leek Town academy star Jordan Burndred.

The 17-year-old, a promising second year NPLFA student at the Blues academy suffered a heart attack last year moments after jumping into a pool in Turkey while on a family holiday and lost his fight for life almost a fortnight later.

At the time, the NPLFA's students held a minute's silence when they met in the NPL Youth League after joining in a successful fundraising campaign to help fly the teenager's family members to Turkey to be at his bedside.

Following the success of the 12 hour charity football marathon the NPL Group organised last summer at Radcliffe Borough for Dementia UK, an NPL Group XI will be back at Stainton Park on Saturday 25 June to take on Welsh blogger Matt Harrison and his Lost Boyos side.

A mixture of players and fans are expected to play for both sides in the hour long six-a-side game which kicks off at 4.30pm, giving fans who attend to watch or play enough time to catch England's game in the Euros should they win their group.

A Just Giving online fundraising page has been created for the charity match and the NPL Group's efforts are being backed by Jordan's dad Steven Mountford.

He said: "He was the most caring, loving son I could have ever wished for. He was an angel in my eyes and will be truly missed by our family.

"I couldn't believe he fought so hard and want to thank the dedicated staff at the hospital. If we can now raise awareness of underlying heart conditions to protect others then the family will try to get some comfort from this tragedy."

"If you could donate any amount, it would all be greatly appreciated. Jordan will forever be in the hearts of his family, friends and Leek Town."

Source: www.evostikleague.co.uk

Source

Archived